Buying A Used GP2x ?

The_MorMor

Still Fresh
Do you think its a good idea to buy a used gp2x ?
I really need to by a GP2X before i go train hiking through Europe.
I have been thinking some about buiyng a used one but i thaught about asking u guys if its a good idea. Or if i should by a new one?

If you buy a used one, make sure it's a Mk2 (all new ones are by the way). It has louder sound and slightly better thumb stick.

The screen has a better viewing angle on earlier models though.

Vimacs said:
well, I still prefer the good old mk1, its realy a matter of choice, both have advantages.
Full Ack. A flawless MK 1 is a good choice too. Some people prefer the better viewing angle and the picture of the lcd.
But be sure not to get on of the older "First Editions". Some of them had problems with flickering.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
The diagonal bias on the stick on the MK1 makes it almost unplayable though. I would go with the MK2, it has a worse viewing angle, but as long as you hold it in the "sweet spot" the contrast is better and the screen is brighter. The MK1 screen also has severe interlacing, washed out blacks, and scan lines.

Vimacs said:
well, I still prefer the good old mk1, its realy a matter of choice, both have advantages.
Same here, Mk 1 first edition with a d-pad mod and wouldn't change it for anything :)

EDIT: Mk 1's tend to over clock higher, mine does 290-300 stable!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back