Built-In C++ Compiler

MasterQ32

Still Fresh
Hey!

I've got my Pandora on monday and i'm really excited about its power. Now yesterday i tried some stuff with compiling and so on and noticed that the default os doesn't deliver a built in compiler. I downloaded some development tools as a pnd package which works fine.

But my question is:

Is it possible to get/create/do whatever a built-in c/c++ compiler?

Greetz Felix

You can, but the NAND space is quite limited, so unless you've installed the OS to an SD card, it's probably worth sticking to the PNDs.

Anyway, this thread is what you need

http://boards.openpa...tation-updated/

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the c dev pnd is recommended, as you won't mess up your system with it if something goes wrong.

Other alternatives would be to install the system on SDcard and get the tools from the angstrom repo or install pandebian or slackware for your compilation needs.

Yes. You can install compilers provided by Angstrom (ipks are here: http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/).

The reason most people don't is more to do with the fact that a development environment can get very big, and it would use up all your nand.

(ninja'd)

If the pnd you've tried is the "C/C++ Development Tools" one, then one thing you could try is to open it up and copy the contents into a folder on a SD card. Remove the 'init' directory and run start.sh, and that'll give you a development environment that's not a pnd. I'll provide a script to install ipks into it if you're interested.

I updated cdevtools.pnd this morning btw, so you might need to upgrade first (depending on when you downloaded it, of course).

freamon! YAY! YAY! YOU UPDATED CDEVTOOLS.PND!! I LOVE YOU!

(Sorry for yelling. Just, I love this.)

If the pnd you've tried is the "C/C++ Development Tools" one, then one thing you could try is to open it up and copy the contents into a folder on a SD card. Remove the 'init' directory and run start.sh, and that'll give you a development environment that's not a pnd. I'll provide a script to install ipks into it if you're interested.

I updated cdevtools.pnd this morning btw, so you might need to upgrade first (depending on when you downloaded it, of course).
Yes, i am using those development tools. I think i'll try it this way.

But how can i open up a pnd file? which kind of package is it? Just a zip file called pnd?

Thanks to all for helping this fast!

how about

PND files are either Squashfs or ISO containers.

I believe 7z can open both if you are on windows. You can extract them using squashfstools on linux or standard ISO handling tools.

do you have a one line bash command to mount a squashfs pnd...

how about

PND files are either Squashfs or ISO containers.

I believe 7z can open both if you are on windows. You can extract them using squashfstools on linux or standard ISO handling tools.

do you have a one line bash command to mount a squashfs pnd...

You can just unpack it with unsquashfs pndname.pnd.

Then repack with pndmake script.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back