Broken Sword Video Problems

pattypoo

Still Fresh
I'm using the scummvm (djwillis 9.something) and can't get the videos to work in broken sword. I downloaded the cutscene pack and redirected the extras path in scummvm but still no luck. Help please

Patrick Gilfether

I'm using the scummvm (djwillis 9.something) and can't get the videos to work in broken sword. I downloaded the cutscene pack and redirected the extras path in scummvm but still no luck. Help please

Patrick Gilfether

I think the MP2 playback is broken as it's intended to use a new formatfor the videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
[/quote]

I think the MP2 playback is broken as it's intended to use a new formatfor the videos.
[/quote]

is there any way to convert the videos into the new codec or do i just have to wait until the scummvm website puts em up for download?

There is a commandline convertor, I don't know any more than that. I don't even know if the format (DXA) is supported in the GP2X builds yet either (I don't think it is yet).

You probably get the tool in the tools package or bundled with the windows daily snapshot builds.

There is a commandline convertor, I don't know any more than that. I don't even know if the format (DXA) is supported in the GP2X builds yet either (I don't think it is yet).

You probably get the tool in the tools package or bundled with the windows daily snapshot builds.

I downloaded both the windows tool package and the win32 daily snapshot build and neither had a tool for it.
On the scumm website there is a mp2 decoder would that do any good?

I downloaded both the windows tool package and the win32 daily snapshot build and neither had a tool for it.
On the scumm website there is a mp2 decoder would that do any good?

apparently i missed it , there is a dxa encoder but its supposed to encode straight from smacker files (which i don't have) Is there anyway to make it encode the mp2 files from the cutscene packs?

Hey man, a month ago I tried alot and stopped when I found a note in the latest release for the GP2X (or was it in the compatibility page in the wiki?) saying that the videos are not supported yet broken sword, please if this worked for you one day, PM me, I will deeply appreciate it.

There is a commandline converter, I don't know any more than that. I don't even know if the format (DXA) is supported in the GP2X builds yet either (I don't think it is yet).

DXA videos work but are a bit slow and the sync gets lost very quickly causing problems (mainly due to the 0.9.* branch not supporting lower resolution DXAs). That is the main reason I suggest they are unsupported on 0.9.* GP2X builds (on the WiKi and in the readme). I am working to improve this with newer releases so keep one eye on them.

As for converting you BS1/2 videos to DXA, it is quite easy and there is documentation on the readme/WiKi and tools in the scummvm-tools package telling you exactly what needs to be done with the original files on your CD's but there is also some background work afoot to look at supporting the native Smacker files via a library, the GP2X would cope with that with relative ease I would think.

...I am working to improve this with newer releases so keep one eye on them...

:) This is what I call great news, I was afraid I will never see the clown bombing the cafe on my GP2X, thank you DJWillis.

The main problem is the size, DXA is software decoded and each frame is 640*480, trust me the stuff I have been playing about with using 320*240 DXA and/or the origional Smacker files looks very promising.

Back