Broken Promises ºgp2x

The 64MB RAM and TV-out are worth the extra money. I think we will all agree on that after we get a NeoGeo emulator and play some Metal Slug on our TV's with the GP2X. :p

yeah, this thing will be like a portable xbox(homebrew stuff)!!!!!!!

hey, do you think it's possible to connect a controller to the system? or would that need a powered usb host thingy?

junker posted on Sep 19 2005 at 11:15 PM said:

hey, do you think it's possible to connect a controller to the system? or would that need a powered usb host thingy?

Not without a powered usb hub, but with one it is well within possibilities (but it is too early to tell).
And powered usb hub arn't expensive, and you can also add lots of other stuff :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Drak posted on Sep 19 2005 at 08:20 PM said:
Oh ya and one more thing to confirm... Gp2x has TV OUT for sure right? because thats practically the only reason i want it because there wont be much of a difference for the kind of emus i want.

Totally agree with you, this better work

When i bought a GP32 one reason was that i heard you could connect it to the TV, it mentioned the RF port but that was used just for 2 player gaming and you couldnt connect it to the TV at all

The advert also mentioned a BBC emulator and that didnt really exist, maybe an early early beta one did but the original advert was misleading.

I'm just worried as i was misled before about the original GP32 connecting to the TV so i'm a bit nervous that this one wont 'do what it says it'll do on the box'.

There was definitely some phony hype that surrounded the GP32, and it made me cringe. To this day I see people on gaming sites who think GP32 emulates GBA - which it does, but not well enough to actually use it that way.

Anyway - the GP2X does have TV-out support built-in. In other words, all we need is the correct cable to plug into the GP2X, and the other end into the TV. The question is now, when will that cable be available for purchase, how much will it cost, and is it possible to build one yourself?

Those questions are currently unanswered.

But you have to realize, GPH is really working feverishly right now to get the GP2X produced for the launch, and to get the SDK ready for developers. It's a VERY tight schedule. Once all that is done, producing the TV cable should be very easy.

junker posted on Sep 19 2005 at 11:15 PM said:

not to the usb, since that would need voltage. But someone could make a Snes adapter for the ext port (just picked snes cause it hase the same button layout) and that would work, tho the coders would have to integrate it.
but if someone would sell those adapters like the chatboard, i could imagine that many coders would integrate such a feature.

The encoder chip used in the GP2X has PAL, NTSC and even HDTV support built into it, but how much will be exposed is another thing. It even has support for an external monitor, so you could play your gp2x on your pc's display, which would be much sharper than a tv, but I don't know if they'll support that either...

Squidge posted on Sep 20 2005 at 06:52 AM said:
The encoder chip used in the GP2X has PAL, NTSC and even HDTV support built into it, but how much will be exposed is another thing. It even has support for an external monitor, so you could play your gp2x on your pc's display, which would be much sharper than a tv, but I don't know if they'll support that either...

sound good as long as i can hook the baby up to my tv or my portable dvd player and let things fly!

So 204$ is the best deal eh? seems good i better get a money order :p (is that a pre-order or the normal order? and is a normal order cheaper?)

So what, we don't think the tv cable is going to come with the system? I sure hope it does especially if it is not standard. I would be ticked off if I had to buy one of those.

Well GPH, why don't you just delay the gp2x so we have powered usb, wifi, tv cable, and a dual 233mhz or 250mhz proccessor! :p
Who else is with me? :)

Back