Broken Joystick

LordFu

Website
www.d1eclan.com
I know there was a topic about it here, but I haven't had any luck finding it. My joystick is busted. It's rotated and limp.

Any advice? Is it fixable by me?

Try rotating the stick (not the cap, the actual stick). With luck, it should 'pop' into place.

Yeah, I got it. :)

I hope the d-pad mod or something comes along to replace this one. I'm going to try to be a little nicer to it.

Try to keep your thumb in the same place on the joystick as you use it. Usually the problem stems from trying to use the joystick as a joypad and making sweeping movements across the cap.

sorry to dig up an old topic but I have the exact same problem.. and im having trouble rotating the stick back into place

It's really hard to explain how to fix it. The trick is to rotate the joystick back to where it belongs while pulling it up or pushing it down, slightly. Take the cap off the joystick, and the flat side of the metal should be facing your left hand. Then you have to work with it until it pops back into it's socket.

I've had to do it 3 times, and it always takes me 45 minutes or more to do it. You should feel a slight click when it goes back, and the joystick will be springy again. It's a real pain in the ass to do.

My stick is now so unresponsive I can't really use it. I press a direction and sometimes, when it feels like it it goes there. So games are impossible to play.

Dunno what to do. I would mod it meself, but I'm rubbish at stuff like that.

Oh well!

Sorry for reviving the topic but.....my joystick is broken, it is always pressing in the center button and it's really annoying having it entering all applications without me want to.

Care to help me?

Hah! My stick broke some days ago while maniacly flipping petals in the Planet Hively musicdisk and then I was like "shit", it was going like a limp, it was fucked up and thought it's broken.

Then I read here and tried with a pincers to fuck it even more and after five minutes it worked. Crazy!

Sorry to bring up this old thread again, but I just wanted to say that I broke my joystick last night. It had gone limp and wouldn't register anything in the joystick test page. I was also able to spin the stick completely around in a circle, although I didn't hear any grinding noises. After finding this thread, I decided what the heck, it must be broken, may as well open it up and have a look. Strangely, by the time I got the case open and felt the stick, it had regained it's snap and feel. Sweet.

Putting the case back together was the hardest part, but I managed it this morning, and now my GP2X is saved. Only thing is the 'stick-click' button doesn't seem to register, but I never use that one anyway.

If it can only last me until Pandora is available, I'll be pleased. :pandora1:

Also, found this link on another page somewhere, apparently that's the part you need to order if you want to replace your joystick's mechanism, which is what I thought I would have to do. But I won't bother now.

My joystick just went limp, i couldn't put it back, i have put it back like 2 times without too much effort, but this time I cannot. I truly hate this joystick... Now i cannot use my gp2x at all because all is selectable from the main menu... I tried the rotating thing and I was unable to make it work again...

any suggestions?

xhyldazhk said:
My joystick just went limp, i couldn't put it back, i have put it back like 2 times without too much effort, but this time I cannot. I truly hate this joystick... Now i cannot use my gp2x at all because all is selectable from the main menu... I tried the rotating thing and I was unable to make it work again...

any suggestions?
Just so you guys know, he took apart his GP2X and somewhere in the middle of it popped his stick back into place :) (it is in a topic on Dpads, he was trying to investigate a dpad mod.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back