Broken Gp2x

Great, I'll send it in a week to whoever has the most need for it. I don't wanna bother sending it to someone if they may not use it.

What will you use it for. I've got no idea how much postage cost to UK. I'll check it out in a week?

It's a MK2.

Well I have no money left after buying a Wii and I think this will be the cheapest method for me to own a GP2x so I can finally be in the Gp2x scene :D :).

Since I dont have a GP2x I will be attempting to repair this one, If Im succesful great but if not I can send it on to the next person for spares so it doesnt go to waste

If you need my post code to work out shipping let me know and Ill PM it to you

Thanks

Well,
I was just thinking, how does the joystick mechanism work because I could buy a GP2X of someone but the joystick clicking doesn't work. Would I be able to swap them round? Then would it work?
Then I'd just keep the rest of the GP2X for spare parts if they're needed in the future. Or if I got it to work I could just hook it up to the T.V then i wouldn't need the screen would I?

Eddie

icurafu said:
yep. still in my house.

Anyone that can find a use for it can have it (spare parts maybe). The LCD screen is broken, so you can't just magically fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu said:
yep. still in my house.

Anyone that can find a use for it can have it (spare parts maybe). The LCD screen is broken, so you can't just magically fix it.
did you manage to work out a shipping price for me? ;)

I realize this is probably already sold but I am in depserate need of a broken GP2x (in reality I only need the plastics though having a whole non working unit would be helpful in guageing space and such) because I am trying to make a GP2x mod (please read this post for more: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=36281 )

Well what if Eddie buys the joystick mechanism, and you buy everything else, and sends you the joystick that is on the one he wants to buy?

That way, it could save money for the both of you...

Nova said:
Well what if Eddie buys the joystick mechanism, and you buy everything else, and sends you the joystick that is on the one he wants to buy?

Works for me! Eddie? icurafu?

Heck Ill even pay shipping all arround!

IcoNyx said:
Nova said:

Works for me! Eddie? icurafu?

Heck Ill even pay shipping all arround!

OK, I had a guy from the states that was interested in the case. Coder TimT, but he never got back to me. There is someone from northern europe that needs it for the SD card holder that is not working all the time. (miika)

I've had a few more people express interest but not tell me is wrong with their GP2X or indicate that they just want it for spare parts just in case. I'm not really interested in those people.

I'm not quite sure how the eddie deal works. Get gets the joystick so he can buy a broken GP2X from someone? From what I understand he hasn't brought it yet. I'd prefer to have it sent to people who will definently use it or atleast be willing to post it on to someone.

Anyway, I can send it to iconyx who will take the case and send the card thingo to miika and the rest to eddie to use the joystick. And any other part to whoever wants it.

Sound good? If it is good, just send me your address and I send it once I get home from holidays in a week. I'll tell you how much it cost. If it is a crazy ammount, I don't mind if you only pay what you think you should pay. I just want to get rid of it.

ok, that works for me.

I have sent you my address, once I have the unit, I will be happy to dismantle it and divy out the pieces to whomever needs.

thus far I have:

Eddie > wants the control stick.

miika > wants the sd card slot... for you Ill probably need to just send you the mainboard, desoldering and resoldering the sdcard slot would be a pain and the issue may be a controller issue and not a slot issue (I dont have enough info really to know which)

am I leaving anyone out?

I ordered the GP2X the day before yesterday so it should be here soon.
Apparently the problem is the joystick doesn't click, so I'd need the whole mechanism- and somehow see if I could fit it in.

That sounds like a good idea splitting it up. Postage(To the UK) shouldn't be much more than a quid (GBP) for the joystick should it?

Thanks

Eddie

did you guys ask miika what he thinks of this? sound like he needs to replace his mainboard, and also desolder and then solder on the whole joystick as that part is already gone... sounds like a complicated task to me.

Eddie said:
I ordered the GP2X the day before yesterday so it should be here soon.
Apparently the problem is the joystick doesn't click, so I'd need the whole mechanism- and somehow see if I could fit it in.

That sounds like a good idea splitting it up. Postage(To the UK) shouldn't be much more than a quid (GBP) for the joystick should it?

Thanks

Eddie
Depends how protected you'd want it to be, you should get it put in a jiffy bag, if you don't want harm coming to it...

I've got my GP2X now.
I really need that new joystick. Mines sticking down all the time and is almost impossible to use-It always selects things when I don't want it to. When I finally manage to quit an application it just starts up again. I can sometimes sort it out but most of the time it just sticks again and I can hardly do anything. When I even go to the menu of a game it quickly just goes through the menus and starts the game again. Then I get fed up and have to turn it off then on again and it instantly just starts the app up again. I've hardly got any controll and it's hard to get it sorted again.

Eddie

Back