Broke my GP

tnt

Still Fresh
I know we had this problem very often:
Today I connected my GP to a car adapter but this little thing doesn't really fit the power connector of my GP so I got a short power break and the machine restarted. After that I didn't use the power adaptor anymore and used the batteries inside instead. But now the screen flickered but I just let it run and listened to some MP3s (which worked quite good).

Back at home (that shit happened on my way to school) I replaced the batteries and it worked again. But then I mentioned that the screen was very bright (which is better btw) and the FLU didn't work really anymore. I played a while and battery and something at the left side of the GP got very hot. In one hour it brought down the batteries from 1,48 Volts to 1,13 Volts (!). Do you think it is now broken ( I think some electronic thing inside got broken [don't know the english expression for it :/] ) and how do I replace it as I live in Germany which is far away from Korea...
[ Btw. I ordered it at Lik-Sang ]

:huh: you've been warned about not using proper equipment for your gp. you should have just bought some rechargeables that would have saved a lot of trouble

ur fault, and you cant return it either unless lik-sang is a good company. Any way there is a way to fix it internally by changing something. I forgot what it is but you can find it at radioshacks. Nothing hard ive heard u just fired something tho.

Just send it back. You haven't modified it in anyway, so just remove all 3rd party software and then e-mal them saying that you thought it had been getting quite warm ever since you got it and then this happened.

You should be ok.

Twimfy posted on Sep 12 2003 at 08:36 PM said:
Just send it back. You haven't modified it in anyway, so just remove all 3rd party software and then e-mal them saying that you thought it had been getting quite warm ever since you got it and then this happened.

You should be ok.
Unless one of them happens to have read this thread :D (ps does my sig picture slow anyones comp down? Ill get rid of it if its chewin up peoples speed.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think it was proper equipment. It is the fault of gamepark when they use an inproper size of the power plug :angry:

Btw, I don't know the english terms of those electric elements but could it be that I burned through a "Widerstand" (that's the way we call it in german, directly translated it means "Resistance"), you know this R=U/I thing. Maybe it is possible to replace this thing. On the other hand I don't know why such a things gets burned by fast power cycles... Anyway when if there were mechanical parts which got broken because of this thing I would say it's my fault but this just shouldn't happen to electronic parts!

tnt: Is the problem inside the blue rings you have painted on the pic? If soo the electric component that looks like a resistor is actually a diode but the other component I don't know. Maybe it's a chip or a regulator of some kind. I hope you can fix it.

Back