Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

When is the best time to put the SD Card back in whyle booting? I have a bit the "issue" that the Small Image of my DBPs on Desktop arend there, only this "white sheet of paper" Symbol, and the Name of the DBP..

And why are the Airpods Pro that fast empty?? I wantet to use them yesterday on Pyra on my "Garden Play Session", but there where completly gone.. they want be used that much, only for Pyra..

I guess the airpods being so small can only have a small battery in them. Now, a bluetooth co0nnection and an A2DP decoder and an amplifier for a couple of watts shouldn't be too costly, But expectations vary.

As for putting your SD card in it should be safe to do it as soon as the boot screen comes up, the one that starts 'Loading linux' and 'Starting udev rules'.

And why are the Airpods Pro that fast empty?? I wantet to use them yesterday on Pyra on my "Garden Play Session", but there where completly gone.. they want be used that much, only for Pyra..
Maybe your other devices use a more recent version of Bluetooth, that would be more power efficient?

The AirPods got faulty in ANC mode so I decide to have new Headphones for the IPhone but these only work whit a App , but as the AirPods were good enough whitout ANC I use them on Pyra
Although it’s means I have to carry 2 Headphone Cases,

I only have 2 True Wireless Headphones . So I have to use the AirPods for Pyra

Also it was more a rethoric Question

I don't understand Blueetooth headsets, but can it be that some OS sends a signal to the headphones to sleep and save battery and some other OS doesn't, or does it too late ? Maybe not all calls in some protocol are implemented in one side or the other, or some behaviour differs from any standard... ?

Well, the Airpods are "on" when you open the Lid of there Charging Case, so maybe they wherend completly off because they might got forced to open from my keys or something, ..
But if i remember correctly: When i used them active on Iphone they also ditnt hold the charge that long..

But my Question was like i said more "Rethorical " ^^

I will put them a bit more often on the Charging Cable, and then they should lost a bit longer..

I don't understand Blueetooth headsets, but can it be that some OS sends a signal to the headphones to sleep and save battery and some other OS doesn't, or does it too late ? Maybe not all calls in some protocol are implemented in one side or the other, or some behaviour differs from any standard... ?
I don't really but remember but bluetooth 5 I think it was was advertised as supporting low power mode. What exactly low power mode is, whether they reduce the wattage to the radios and use better hamming codes instead or something else I don't know. But maybe they're negotiating a higher power older version of bluetooth that they both speak.

Although I don’t speak about the Airpots Pro, the older ones,
The Max are even worse : they only go in sleep after 3 Days or when you put them in the „Bra“ Carry Case .. ^^

But it wasn’t meant to get answered it was only something which came in my Mind

Hi..
..old Phone and some new Ones do have a buildin FM Radio.
Some Phones did not had this Officially but somehow..some People did get it work.

I do have here an older Phone recruited as Mp3/Videoplayer/FM Radio.

Is it in any Way possible to use the Pyra as FM Radio too?

-we have Buildin Antennas oder Wifi,
-we have many Sensors inside the Pandora,
-i do have no Problems to use a Headphone as Antenna then.

Is inside the Omap5 Chip maybe some FM Radio Functions hidden?

It would be nice to use the Pyra as offline FM Radio too :)
IMG_20220404_173139_508.jpg

I don;'t think so. Those phones used the headphone cable as an antenna, before bluetooth headphones became such a big thing. I don't think the Pyra has a tuned circuit to make the cable work as an antenna, or some way of tuning that in.

I have an issue: My Pyra2 SD Card Drive had some issue and is now unable to mount on Pyra, as well as on the Debian PC,
So maybe its now time to build a new one?
What where the right folders again? , i lost maybe all my DBPs but at least the Roms where also Saved on another drive..

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
I wonder what happens to the Pyra when the new EU Law will get in Service that only Mobile Devices whit USBC can sell beyont 2024?
Whe have Micro USB, i quess its fine as the Pyra was first put in the Wild 2021, and allready existing Devices are save..

Well for USB C I picked a few of these up to experiment with, they charge the Pyra fine at least. Getting devices to work is another adventure.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-10-05 12-04-56.png
    Screenshot from 2022-10-05 12-04-56.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 86
if this new debian bookworm becomes the official Pyra OS, will there be a Newspost whit instructions, ? As the most of the development talks took place on IRC and Discord, .. and where to imform which is the official Pyra OS? Might be a got a bit confused whit Buster, Bullseye and Bookworm..

Back