Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

I don't think amps work that way. Your power supply should at least be able to cope with the power demands of the device, but being rated higher just generally means the power supply (transformer) gets less hot.
A proper (as in not unsafe) charging circuit for lithium batteries has preset max amperage (I_max - hardwired and/or somehow provided) to allow towards the battery. It'll then adjust the charging voltage (U_c) to maintain I_c at I_max, until U_c hits preset U_max. I.e provided the battery is low enough at the start and the circuit gets enough power provided first I_c will be constant at I_max and U_c will rise, then at some point it changes to U_c is constant at U_max and I_c goes down, until I_c hits preset I_min, then it stops. (Not all do stop, some go on trickling.)

I have also a Multi Port USB Roll On Cable in my Pocket EDC, whit Micro USB, USB C, and Apple Lightning, as well as a 6000mah Powerbank
The Lightning Adapter seems to have a contact Issue, but its Basic Micro USB is still fine..

So everything that also powers the Switch should work ..

The Bench USB Power Supply i have also gives 30 Amps over the USB C Port.. but i think this may be way to much ^^

So one can have a magnetic charging cable adapter in the 'normal' microUSB port and in the rare occasions I am using someone's regular microUSB cable - just plug it in the mUSB 3.0 port :- ?) Great news - thanks @Grench !

Now if someone can suggest an option for wireless / Qi charging ..... :D

As others have at least hinted at if not explicly stated, current needs to be negotiated. You can provide a voltage across any pins you like, but the actual current that will flow is a matter of the impedance of the load divided into the voltage (since we're talking DC here, that's pretty much the resistance over the voltage for us). Your 30A supply probably never supplies 30A, because if it did most USB cables would fail pretty dramatically and maybe even catch fire. If I had to guess I'd suggest it might actually more likely be a 30W charger, which is only 6A at 5V (or maybe 2.5A at 12V).
I searched old posts where ToastBucket posted that bootloader can now use 2 amp max.

That first post at least is talking about the pre-boot state, so you can charge a unit that doesn't even have enough charge to boot properly first time. The actual booted stage current limit is defined I think by the Device Tree file (or whatever that's actually called).

Does the Pyra come with a charger?

It would be really handy to have a post or a wiki page with the specs of the inputs and outputs of the Pyra and some examples of consumables to take profit of max bandwith, current... Has anyone any data? there was a post about cards if I remember right... 2A current that's QC 2.0 if 9V (18W) /12V (24W) and QC 1.0 or less if 5V (10W) or less. I put QC spec. because that's how phone chargers are usually labeled nowadays, I don't know if QC is supported by the Pyra or what's the max. voltage it picks. <- Nevermind, no Qualcomm so no QC, so:

That link says USB 2.0 so that's 5V, and max. 2A so any charger rated 10W or more should be enough to charge the Pyra at full throttle, am I right?

So one can have a magnetic charging cable adapter in the 'normal' microUSB port and in the rare occasions I am using someone's regular microUSB cable - just plug it in the mUSB 3.0 port :- ?) Great news - thanks @Grench !

Now if someone can suggest an option for wireless / Qi charging ..... :D

Not exactly the best bet, but it "should" work.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I tried one of those looong time ago - back in the time Sony Ericsson Xperia pro / mini pro were a thing. It was quite unreliable and picky with which adapters worked and even when to work with the same adapter. (I was spoiled with the flawless wireless charging with Palm Pre :p). And with a 'regular' device with only one microUSB port - it quickly became disadvantage when 'normal' mUSB cable use was needed .....

So yes - it "should" be alternative - maybe to the magnetic charging option and not as addition to it.

Thanks! I tried one of those looong time ago - back in the time Sony Ericsson Xperia pro / mini pro were a thing. It was quite unreliable and picky with which adapters worked and even when to work with the same adapter. (I was spoiled with the flawless wireless charging with Palm Pre :p). And with a 'regular' device with only one microUSB port - it quickly became disadvantage when 'normal' mUSB cable use was needed .....

So yes - it "should" be alternative - maybe to the magnetic charging option and not as addition to it.
I like the magnetic charging myself, something like that is only if you have multiple ports, as well as a case you can hide it in.

The mag tips though, love them. I have everything that charges by usb except my phone with them (as fast charging ones are more expensive) .

Because my Current USB Stick tend to fell apart, i may buy a new one at prime day,
but as i want to go full pyra, i would like to know which File System i should format the new one, but i also need this stick to work on a Windows PC some times ,

Your USB shall come pre-formated in exFAT which will work with both windows and linux(pyra).

Ok so it may work out of the box..

A diverent question: Notebook whit USB2, Hub whit USB3, my Old Stick whit USB 3 and the new Stick whit USB3,: will copy of the Data from Stick 1 to Stick 2 work whit USB3 Speed because they are booth in the USB3 Hub, or will this then just work whit USB2 Speed because the Notebook is just USB2?

Ok, and when i wait for the Pyra and get a OTG Adapter for the USB3 OTG ?
On the other hand its just 16 gb, so i could try to make this whit USB2 Speed..

Pyra has only one micro USB3 port, so you can copy to and from pyra at USB3 speed using otg cable, but copying between two pen drives with one connected at USB 2 port will be slower.

I though more like: 2 USB3 Stick, on one USB3 Dock that is connectet to the USB3 OTG Port of the Pyra..
But as its just something that needs to made once in a few yeahrs, i think it should work also whit my USB2 Notebook, but i need to wait a bit longer..

Alright, here's a silly question:
Regarding general graphical capabilities, which console would the Pyra be most similar to?

Your USB shall come pre-formated in exFAT which will work with both windows and linux(pyra).
Indeed. The only problem I find using exFAT for transfer is that the file limit is 4GB. A lot of modern (longer) films top out at 5GB or more when rendered in x265 (high) video format, although if you were to scale them using ffmpeg or repack them in h265 (main) or perhaps just repack them inside the same format; reprocessing files in ffmpeg does seem to shrink them almost whatever I do.

Indeed. The only problem I find using exFAT for transfer is that the file limit is 4GB. A lot of modern (longer) films top out at 5GB or more when rendered in x265 (high) video format, although if you were to scale them using ffmpeg or repack them in h265 (main) or perhaps just repack them inside the same format; reprocessing files in ffmpeg does seem to shrink them almost whatever I do.
ExFat has a file size limit of "16 exbibytes". Its Fat32 that has a file size limit of 4gb. And yeah, that 4gb has been a hell of an issue for transferring files between OSs.

Hoeever, I actually format my ext drives as ext4, and for windows install ext2fsd. It is a bit old now, but works well enough for ext drives.

The Vita has the 4-core version of the SGX543MP4 while the Pyra has a 2-core SGX544MP2... but the Pyra's SGX runs at about twice the clock speed, so that might even it out. Similar comparison could be done with the iPad 2's SGX543MP2 running at about half clock speed of Pyra's SGX.
So... as fast as two iPad 2s taped together? There's likely a lot of other factors as well though. I'd expect the Vita to be a bit less layers in-between and our 3D drivers to be not as good as they could be in theory... but that's just me guessing.

Back