Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

In any case, 32-bit ARM and 64-bit ARM are quite substantially different, a lot more than just making the data path wider, that I don't know if they can really be called the same architecture.
Post automatically merged:

Wouldn't that be called Mace?
As far as I can tell, that is for classic Mac OS rather than OS X.

I'm pretty sure all the new Apple stuff will all be ARM64, so even with a hypothetical ARM Wine-for-Mac or ARM Hackintosh - neither of which exist - it wouldn't work on a Pyra.
Would it not be possible to download iTunes for Windows within Wine?

I bought me a USB Disc Drive some months ago i want to use on the Pyra, so i can read my old 3,5 * "Disquettes" whit stuff whe wrote in the 90tes /Early 00tes whit Windows 95/ME/XP Office,
when i dit a test whit a Windows 10 Computer (GPDWIN) i found that there is nothing on them, so it seems like they had a diverent File Format back then..

Will the Pyra Debian have something that can read these old formats?

How long do diskettes even keep their data?
I doubt the magnetic layer keeps the data for ages.

Oh , i first red " i doubt the magic layer keeps the data for ages" ^^

It may be it was just the wrong format, as i stored the diskettes in a Diskette Box..

Magnetic media has a typical shelf life of 10-20years. I would bet 10 years, being generous, for a floppy, if stored under the right conditions and not used much.

So most likely those are gone for good. If you like retro, I'd go for laserdisc, you can always play frisbee with those once they are gone...

How long do diskettes even keep their data?
I doubt the magnetic layer keeps the data for ages.

My pirated copy of "The Secret of Monkey Island" from 1990 reached like 30 years, and still working... I kept those floppies in their original cardboard box.

The other floppies I have are in a plastic archive box, and most of them are readable without issues, some needs 2 or 3 tries... for now no one is still unreadable.

Reactions: rSl
Well, they werend that important Retro Games on these Diskettes, just some pirated Games like NWORM, Kawado (which is a Text Adventure whit Safety Training Purpose, ), Trivial Pursiut.. but none of them as Original Retail Version, so i could also search on the Net,
There are some Documents, which where quite old, .. not up to date anymore...

Back in 2009 I acquired an unused 20 years old C64C that was still wrapped in its original packing. Some programs on the demo diskette were damaged, but most were still working.

A diverent question: Im on the though to buy me a diverent smarthwatch because my Apple Watch may be cool, but is not the Smarthwatch i ever wanted: Im looking for some sort of "G-Shock" as Smartphwatch, and if i now anyway going to abondend Apple part by part, maybe it would be cool if these thing also works whit Debian ARM..

So is there a way to connect a non apple smartphwatch to the Pyra ??

A diverent question: Im on the though to buy me a diverent smarthwatch because my Apple Watch may be cool, but is not the Smarthwatch i ever wanted: Im looking for some sort of "G-Shock" as Smartphwatch, and if i now anyway going to abondend Apple part by part, maybe it would be cool if these thing also works whit Debian ARM..

So is there a way to connect a non apple smartphwatch to the Pyra ??
Maybe this might be worth checking...? https://www.pine64.org/pinetime/

Na, too less waterproof , and it looks to much like the Apple Watch..
Im looking more at a quite Robust Watch i could even use on Farming or on Outdoor Activitys who are a bit more thougher..
Although its good that its opensource..

Screw my Question, i ditnt found a good Smartwatch, and i think im fine whit my current one..

But to burn some money, i decided to buy me the Retrosix GBA SP Max Out Prestige Edition in Picachu Yellow ^^

Reactions: rSl
Back