Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

i have used a logitech wireless mouse on my Acer netbook with various distros of linux and it always just worked. mint, ubuntu , elementary, and a couple of others i cant recall. i think the chances of a logitech working with they Pyra should be high.

I try the mouse this evening, it works whit the Adapter on the GPD Win, and maybe also whit Bluetooth, but I don’t had luck whit my Pandora,
Neither whit the Adapter or whit Bluetooth,
Maybe the Kernel is to old and the Adapter needs to much current
It’s a bit sad but maybe it was to expect..

I just tried an old Logitech M185 (mouse) and a new K400+ (leopard) with my Pandora, both worked fine through a powered hub to the 'big' USB port. Other combinations, connecting them directly, or through a passive adaptor to the mini USB port, didn't seem to work.

I used my unpowered Hub, maybe tomorrow I will try my Anker Hub connected to the Powerbank..

The Power for the Pandora is also a issue:
My Cable ditnt fit in the Pandora Connector so maybe I need a PSP USB Cable..
i also tryed a Mini USB Cable on the Mini USB Port of the Pandora , but it didn’t work..

Because I expect the Pyra Release somewhere in the near future:

I have long experience as a Pandora User, I know how to start Games, and learned other things by using it, (also how to open the bottonpart and fix the shoulderbuttons)
I have the usual user experience whit the Pandora,
I can’t code and the terminal is only usuable for me if I can copy and paste a script,

Will this experience be enough to use the Pyra??

I can’t code and the terminal is only usuable for me if I can copy and paste a script,

Will this experience be enough to use the Pyra??

If you're happy with the Pandora for usability, then the Pyra won't be any different. If anything, it will be likely be simpler... at least once they have any software glitches fixed.

Well I can live whit some starting issues,
When I got my Pandora, not even the Powersaving Funktion where implementet
And i will get (hopefully) a pretty early MP Pyra,
For a MP, the 28th Pyra is close to nothing..

Yes, I've not seen anything equivalent to PND Manager yet, although it's perfectly possible I've not been paying proper attention. Assuming that doesn't exist, we'll need to use web browsers and the file manager to install things to our SD cards manually, but having to resort to the terminal is probably beyond what most of us will need to do.

Will the Pyra Use the same File System as the Pandora?? So can i just Put the SD Card whit the Roms/Images/ etc from my Pandora in the Pyra??
So Pyra Unboxing, Charge to 100 %, Put Pandora out of my Pockets, Swap the SD Card and the Wrist Band, and then Put the Pyra in my Pockets??

You can format your SD card to use any filesystem supported by Linux kernel. As both Pyra and Pandora runs on linux there shouldn't be any compatibility problem. If you need SD card to be supported in Windows too, you will be limited to FAT32/16/exFAT/NTFS which will also work with Pandora and Pyra. Just avoid these Windows FS for any critical partitions like /home or root.

Thanks for the Answer, i think i will take a fast Micro SD Card and use this for /home or something, the 2 Slots in front are to exposed to be more than Media Folders...

The Pyra can't run PND files, though.
Yet. It should be theoretically possible to create a 'Pandora Emulator' for the Pyra. Though there are not that many Pandora things that can't simply be recompiled for the Pyra, there are a few 'important' ones. Super Geometry Dust for example. Wish we had the source or a way to reconnect with the author for that one.

I know that the Pyra can’t run Pandora PND, but I don’t want to change the PND SD Card from Pandora to Pyra, only the Card I already named “Pyra Roms”
The “Pandora SD Card” (I don’t know it’s name) in Slot 2 will be left in the Pandora to save the Slot from Dust..

I know that the Pyra can’t run Pandora PND, but I don’t want to change the PND SD Card from Pandora to Pyra, only the Card I already named “Pyra Roms”
The “Pandora SD Card” (I don’t know it’s name) in Slot 2 will be left in the Pandora to save the Slot from Dust..

Most microSDXC cards ship with an SDXC adapter - which can make a good dust cover for an SDXC slot.

That's a good point. I already have lots of those adaptors from previous SDHC and plain old micro SD card sales. As is my last computer came with an SD card blanking plate thingy, so I've been using that, but it never occured to me that I could use those adaptors to do a similar job more widely.

Thanks for the sugesstions, but why should i use a Adapter (that also got a Hole) when i have lots of cheap SD Cards in my EDV Storages??
Also i have allready a SD Card for Pyra Slot 2 in mind: the Second 400 gb Card i bought a Year ago for 69 € at Amazon, so i dotnt need the 32 gb Card from my Pandora..

Will the Pyra be compatible whit the new Airpods Pro?? I know not for these special funktions, but at least its also Bluetooth..
And is Bluetooth Audio on Debian much more easy than on Angström on Pandora?? I ditnt got Bluetooth Headphones to work on the Pandora, but Mouse and Keyboards..

Will the HDMI Out Port work at Start?? , Its a Standart Port and Debian was meant to use on Devices whit HDMI,
so i hope..

And is the USB Host aktiv this time?? On Pandora, when i want to use a USB Device, i have to enable USB Host, is this the Same on Pyra??

Yes, the USB host port will be active, in the sense that you can plug anything USB into it and it'll work. It won't have the problem that the Pandora had where the USB2 side would try to talk to any USB1.1 devices you plugged in and promptly crash.

As for the HDMI port working, what do you mean by at start? I'd expect there to be a small delay while the kernel loads and sets up services before the HDMI port activates. Or if you mean more in the sense that it'll potentially work after a small delay on the day you get your unit, I'm afraid I've not heard, but given everyone with a devboard was using the HDMI out, I'd hope that's relatively safe.

Edit: Sorry, I may have misread you about enabling USB host. That's a different thing, and the pandora does it so it can save battery life. I've also not seen if the debian OS the Pyra runs has that, but it's not a normal linux thing in my experieince, so I would suggest it hasn't.

Back