Bricked?

chickendung

TO THE TRENTON TAR PITS!
Website
i currently do not have a website.com
Yikes! I think I've gone too far...Here is what I did.
1. I created a new skin by simply adjusting the hue of all the images in Photoshop to make them blue.
2. When I encountered an image that said it could not be parsed, I opened it in preview and saved it as another png to replace the original, and then I edited it in Photoshop.
3. I did not have any problems opening the loop files in Photoshop and editing the colors.
4. I put the theme folder on NAND and ran the install.gpu which comes with the default skin archive.
5. The Wiz displayed the loading screen for about 15 seconds, and then it was black.
6. Turned off the Wiz, shutdown screen appeared.
7. Turned on the Wiz, Startup and loading screens appeared, but black screen. I cannot launch anything by pressing B twice (which would launch C-Dogs).
8. Tried renaming install.gpu to autorun.gpu and I copied all the image folders to the root of my SD Card.
9. Loading screen, then black screen again.

Any help would be great. To be honest I am not that upset. I am seriously considering to get a Pandora... :D

...It is a shame though...

You may be able to download the latest firmware, place it on the root of the SD card and boot the Wiz whilst holding down the right Shoulder Button. This should replace the broken files.

I still miss when the dev units could recolour the basic skin a touch; I liked the blue better than orange, but am resisting hacking mine up :) (I try to stick with 'normal commerial' firmwares so as to be closer to most people, for dev sake.)

jeff

skeezix said:
I still miss when the dev units could recolour the basic skin a touch; I liked the blue better than orange, but am resisting hacking mine up :) (I try to stick with 'normal commerial' firmwares so as to be closer to most people, for dev sake.)

jeff
Me too, I was a little sad when they removed that feature :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back