Pcsx4All : Rise Of The Problems

Ecwaslip

Still Fresh
Hello,

I bought my wiz one week ago. Pretty cool machine, but i actually need some help with the software called pcsx4all (2.0 version).

Actually I'm trying to play Castlevania:SOTN on it.

So I run the emulator (which is pcsx4all.gpe), I select my rom, and I configure as they wrote on the wiz compatible list :
Here it is.

So it begin correctly, cinematics and title screen looks ok. I select "New File" and put my name.

But there, after the introduction, I have a loading screen, and then my game starts glitching up. Or it crashes. Or the emulator crashes idk.

Also I got this written on my screen

over : 80183D1C(4BE83)
o

So here I have to restart the Wiz.

The extension of Castlevania is .iso (not tried .bin yet).

----------
It's not the only problem. Now I'm trying to play Dino Crisis 2.
They said, on pcsx4all compatibility list for wiz, it would work perfectly.
So I run pcsx4all.gpe.
I configure correctly my emulator. On my screen, it works correctly until the title screen. Yeah, it gives a black screen. No message given, just black screen.
I hate black screens.

----------
Hope you'll help me to fix it :)

EDIT : I've tried castlevania in .bin extension, instead of having my message written, i have a black screen.

Keep trying other games that are known to work. The compatability for that emulator is not very extensive. Try Oddworld and if you get the same behavior then maybe there is a configuration option that is wrong or another software problem

Without checking the compatability list, I'd venture to say that you are just hitting some games that are flaky for this emu.

Back