Bricked In Less Than A Day :(

Emu&Co posted on Mar 9 2006 at 02:20 PM said:
Try it with a PSU. Batteries are always a bit tricky. Be sure to have the right polarisation. Additionally you can ask EvilDragon or Craig if they fix it for you. AFAIK they fix it for little money.

I agree with Emu&Co I would try it with a power supply. You can get one that works from Radio Shack. The one I picked up was Cat. No. 273-1680. I can't remember what I paid for it but it comes with like 6 diff. tips, 1 amp and can select 3, 4.5, 6, 9, and 12 volts. I use mine all the time with my GP2X, and other devices.

Good luck,

Tex- Hogger

Last edited by a moderator:
You can reflash cramfs from the cramfs kernel. It will probably crash Linux soon afterwards but I've done it a few dozen times by flashing then rebooting immediatly. Worst that would happen is a kernel panic when it can't figure out what the hell you've just done to it's root :)

pcklee123: Yes, all the batteries were fully charged.

theoddbot: Thanks for confirming that. It looks like it may be a coincidence that the unit failed after this operation. I thought I'd broken it but maybe it managed it all by itself. Even of the cramfs image I'd used was corrupt, the kernel would still have loaded, right?

Back