Breakout Board Not Working

Panther

Still Fresh
I have had my GP2X for about 2 weeks now. It was ordered from an authorized company in Great Brittan, I live in the US. As far as the gp2x far so good, other than some battery problems. I believe I should have the MK2 but may have a later revision of MK1 (given the LED covers are milky) It came with firmware 3.0.0.

I have gotten the SDK to work and the SDL libraries played some emulators movies the whole gamut.

My problem is now; I want to play with the breakout board I bought and thus far have had no luck. I have hooked it up properly, all lights come on, it is powering USB I am getting lights on the devices but I can’t get it to do anything.

First I tried GP2X11 (the x11 server version 0.3) the x11 server clearly states that it now accepts USB keyboards and mice with no further configuration. First I tried a USB to PS2 adapter Y cable. Neither the keyboard or mouse work.

Next I tried just a USB mouse no adapter – It does not work.

Figuring the X11 app might be flawed I then hooked up a portable hard drive formatted the same as my memory card, and went into the option under GAMES for EXTERNAL USB DEVICE. It shows nothing, it just goes to blank screen no folders no files I hit back on the joystick and get back to the main listing “SD CARD on board and EXTERNAL USB DEVICE” everything else shows up correctly and has folders and apps.

I can not figure out why the Breakout board is not working unless it is unsupported on firmware 3.0.0 – The other thing I noticed is that on all the tutorials there are options for “USB network” a “Web server” and an “Ftp Server” I don’t have these options in my utilities or advanced area.

I got my gp2x with 3.0.0 firmware; it is not the “Hacked” binary copy.

Should I downgrade to 2.1.1 and try the USB devices that way? Will that work?

Is there anyway I can test my breakout board for functionality? (Remember all the lights come on)

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Well its my own fault.

The breakout board is working now 100% the issue is that when i turned on the EXT Menu i did not see it activate the other options. Today I was finally able to scroll down and turn on all of the USB systems and was able to get my USB Y Adapter to run keyboard input.

Thanks!

Back