brand new gp32: .... sticky ?

nik166

:3 :3 :3
that's a thing i noticed on gp32 when you first get them out of the box ,
i touched 2 different gp32 and i noticed a strange touch on the plastic,

the gp32 were sticky :D
well not really sticky but ... strange .. like if they were recovered by some very very thin film of .. of what ? :blink:

i wonder if these were stocked in some very humid place, but the box and the other things inside were not like this,

after a little "t-shirt cleaning" it gets very pleasant to touch :)

my question is simple,
by simple curiosity, have you noticed it too on your machine when you first got it ?

mmm...free goo

Mine had no such substances on it when it arrived, the only thing was the joypad tended to stick in the up position. It doesn't really anymore and I generally centre it better by force of habit.

Sometimes my controllers for other consoles get this mysteriously after I haven't used them for a short (not long) while - which is odd. I mean, I drink coke a lot when I'm playing games, but I don't spill it all over my hands! :) As best I can tell, it's actually the plastic itself reacting to something. It might be a lower grade or different composition of plastic. Note various old Nintendo products age differently in different areas - my old SNES was yellowed on the top and not on the underside, but the difference was in the two shells themselves. Also note when rubber dies it gets sticky.

That's the best input I can give on it...

The battery door on mine came out of the box scratched and dirty-looking. Nothing major, and the rest of the case is pristine white. Just weird.

yeh, mine had that nik

smelt a bit like oil but it rubbed off nicely

Mine was also a little bit sticky. It went away after a little cleaning so i'm not caring about that

Yeah my nintendo had a yellowish tinge to it a while back... but that's because my dog pissed on it. GurtyGurt mabey that's what happened to yours lol.

The only video game stuff my dog's ever pissed on is computer mags and my DDR mat :) I'm also a bit worried cos my spare PC is about at dog height and it already has a tendancy to blow up power supplies...

Back