Bor Gp32 Update

thejuggler

Still Fresh
Website
thejuggler.net
Hi all,

After Squidge stopped working on BOR for the GP32, I have started looking at updates to it.

There is a new beta available in the Beta Testing forum which adds support to select the speed of the GP32 (133,156,166) and gives the fxe the same icon as the windows app.

Hope you like the update, and look out for furhter updates soon.

Nice work. B)

Encountered some serious problems at first, though. I directly overwrote Squidge's FXE with yours at first, which produced errors on startup (a "can't play sound @ 15Hz!" or something to that effect; no sound would play); the controls were scrambled beyond repair (Up to attack, Left/Right flipped, Down and A were tied together, and nothing else worked), the clockspeed menu only displayed the option "1", and the "finish game to unlock" phrase was missing next to the Bonus difficulty (which still couldn't be selected)

I was using NssOne's PAK, if that could have caused issues.

Anyway, I wiped the FXE, paklist & config file, reinstalled, and all was well.

Tandem,

Sounds like you have had a few issues with the save file. When bor starts up, it reads settins out of a file created in the bordata directory. If the file doesn't exist, then it will be created. If it does exist, all the saved settings (like sound settings, gamma, brightness, controls etc) gets loaded. Since I've made a few changes to the file to add in the cpu speed settings it may have been this that caused the problem.

Removing the file and restarting should have fixed the problem (and it sounds like it did).

If you get anything else like that, let me know. Hopefully it will help make the port even better. If you could send me a link to the PAK you're using, I'll grab it and it it to the list I use to test the port before releasing it. I don't think it would have been the problem but you never know.

Back