Booting a PC off of an ISO stored on my Pandoras SD card?

Hm, I tried it again with a Windows 7 iso. My laptop booted and started the setup but somewhere my Pandora locked up.

If working reliably, this would be an awesome feature i definitely would use quite a lot. I could then just put the gentoo and rescueCD imagas onto one of the sd carts and not worry anymore about which system i put on which USB drive... Puppy linux is nice for quick tests and when i just want to enjoy the ultimate speed it offers :D . Looking now even more forward to get my pandora!

Such features are in my opinion also those things that show the ultimate advantage of an system with a strong community behind it.

It is a shame this project had all this drawbacks :( ... yet amazing it still is here!

I tried at least a hundred times but my PC doesn't boot from this device... on Windows the "External CD/DVD drive" is found correctly and I can see the content of the iso, but the bios seems just to skip it...

I also tried to do a usb key with the same iso, and it worked... but with the Pandora I'm not able to boot

I tried at least a hundred times but my PC doesn't boot from this device... on Windows the "External CD/DVD drive" is found correctly and I can see the content of the iso, but the bios seems just to skip it...

I also tried to do a usb key with the same iso, and it worked... but with the Pandora I'm not able to boot

Before you give up entirely, try booting plop (a boot manager) first and see if that manages it, I know it's kind of counter-productive to the end goal, but it may give some insight.

Before you give up entirely, try booting plop (a boot manager) first and see if that manages it, I know it's kind of counter-productive to the end goal, but it may give some insight.

Interesting, I need to read a bit the documentation... anyway I will try this only if I can run it without installing it in MBR

Interesting, this doesn't work on my desktop machine. I've only tried it on my laptop and assumed if it worked there, it would work on any other PC, too.

EDIT: Lol, it doesn't even work with on my laptop anymore?! I did update to the most recent firmware since, though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done an easy mount script (that works exactly like SD-mass storage, but makes you choose an iso instead).

Maybe tonight the PND it's ready to be uploaded.

Then remains the NO-BOOT issue to be solved...

EDIT: if you find any solution or info please post them here

Last edited by a moderator:
Back