Boot Time After V1.1.0

techFreak

Website
Visit site
I just wonder if i'm the only one experiencing incostintent boot times. Sometimes it take to long or it seems hanged up in green loading screen... :huh:

techFreak posted on Dec 23 2005 at 01:23 PM said:
I just wonder if i'm the only one experiencing incostintent boot times. Sometimes it take to long or it seems hanged up in green loading screen... :huh:

mine's done this randomly for the last 3 firmwares.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's often a sign of the GP not liking the SD card. Try popping the card out and back in - it seems to help on mine, so may be worth trying. But then I think I've not been getting this problem since I did the upgrade to 1.1.0 yesterday.

Symptom I noticed is that if GP2x stay on black startup screen shorter than usual, that's the signal that it won't get out of green startup screen at all.

i found if you squre the time it stays on the black screen and it is divisible by 0.071, then it will stay on the green screen for longer, shorter on the purple, but will not get out of the orange and blac striped one.

I'd prefer to see what's going on while booting on the device. So we can figure out how much time spent on each procedures etc. I hate devices when they say "loading..." and hanged up actually.

techFreak posted on Dec 23 2005 at 04:05 PM said:
I'd prefer to see what's going on while booting on the device. So we can figure out how much time spent on each procedures etc. I hate devices when they say "loading..." and hanged up actually.
Get a serial then...

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap SD seem to like more voltage to behave consistently.

I recommend (v1.0.1 up) that you leave the card out until it boots, then inserting it.

Uboot is probably trying to decide whether or not to try upgrading your firmware, and as we know, it hates SD cards with a mighty vengeance.

Back