Boomshine2x 1.11 Released

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
I've updated Boomshine2x to Version 1.11 due to a couple of changes.

Screenshot:

bs2xsseg8.png

Changes:
Version 1.11:

1. Fixed incorrect controls menu text.
2. Added mixed shape game mode.

Download

Thanks for the fixes.

This is a cool game even better with the enhanced gfx.

yeah, in this version, difficulty problem improved,
so feel more easier than previous version.
thanx for fixing:)
(well, in fact, it seems slightly difficult than version 1.04,
but i think difficulty of this version 1.11 is more proper,
gives player motivation to clear:))
graphics & sounds are still really beautiful.
what a attractive game!!

As fun as ever, thanks for the new version. Great homebrew

Just found the sign your name hiscore input, real nice man :) Like in so many other games, the touchscreen adds more than you'd expect.

May I suggest touch controls for the menus as well?

thanks for this new version. when I played the previous version I first just thought I was really sucking at the game. nice to know that version was actually unintentionally harder. the 1.1 versions of this game are great. I love the mixed shape mode of this version. its fun to see all the different shaped explosions going off at once in the later levels.

though this version looks nicer then 1.04 and previous considering the game is mostly shapes I was kind of wondering exactly what ruckage did with these recent versions? from what I can see he did the font and title screen. not knocking anyone was just curious.

I also agree that touchscreen menu would be nice. since everything else works with touchscreen (including pause menu) would be nice to have everything more uniform and not having to switch between touch and pad input.

though my handwriting is horrible I thought it was awesome that you could sign your name for highscore. ive never seen anything like that before in a game and loved it.

though the difficulty of 1.1 really frustrated me it would be kinda nice to also have a more difficult option as well.

one last suggestion is it would be nice to have (maybe just as an option) the screen change color when you reach the required amount of shapes exploded. that was the only thing i remember in the original that wasn't in your version.

thanks for the great game. lots of nice little touches make this even more polished and fun.

When I try this games it seems as though the system is receiving phantom inputs. If I choose the "Controls" option the screen slides over then slides right back before I can even read it. When I play the game starts and the cursor detonates as soon as the game starts, but I haven't pushed anything.

Anybody else having this problem?

John

Peter R said:
That seems like for a lefthanded person.
IMHO, menu items should be to the right(or center) for touchscreen-version, so you won't cover view with a hand&stylus.

Last edited by a moderator:
quasist said:
That seems like for a lefthanded person.
IMHO, menu items should be to the right(or center) for touchscreen-version, so you won't cover view with a hand&stylus.
Actually I don't think it makes much difference. I tend to put menu items in my games all over the place depending on where it looks good. You could argue that this layout is ideal for a right handed person as you don't obscure the various options as your hand would only cover the right side of the screen.

jhart711 said:
When I try this games it seems as though the system is receiving phantom inputs. If I choose the "Controls" option the screen slides over then slides right back before I can even read it. When I play the game starts and the cursor detonates as soon as the game starts, but I haven't pushed anything.

John
i've never heard of that. It likely means that your "B" button is jammed in as it is the only thing that could really cause the code to do this. Either that or you are holding down the "B" button. If so, what were you expecting to happen :p.

Peter R said:
jhart711 said:

John
i've never heard of that. It likely means that your "B" button is jammed in as it is the only thing that could really cause the code to do this. Either that or you are holding down the "B" button. If so, what were you expecting to happen :p.

No, B button if fine. It works fine in every other game I try. I recalibrated the system and it will allow me to view the Controls screen. Then when I launch the game it waits for me to touch the screen but the explosion happens away from where I touched the screen. Then it goes back into exploding the cursor as soon as the game starts.

John

Hmmm, I remember hearing that certain version of the F200 firmware don't work well with the touchscreen in homebrew games? Maybe that is the issue.

I however do not have an F200 and so cannot test this or advise on the solution (my best guess would be to flash to a different version of the firmware). However, I can for now recommend you go to the options menu and set your GP2x mode to F100 and at least play it without the touchscreen in the F100 manner.

The touchscreen has no place in the current options menu code so it should be fine however if that also has issues then delete your settings.dat file found in the same folder as Boomshine2x.dcd (inside the data folder) and then when you run Boomshine2x the next time select the F100 mode.

Peter R said:
Hmmm, I remember hearing that certain version of the F200 firmware don't work well with the touchscreen in homebrew games? Maybe that is the issue.

I however do not have an F200 and so cannot test this or advise on the solution (my best guess would be to flash to a different version of the firmware). However, I can for now recommend you go to the options menu and set your GP2x mode to F100 and at least play it without the touchscreen in the F100 manner.

The touchscreen has no place in the current options menu code so it should be fine however if that also has issues then delete your settings.dat file found in the same folder as Boomshine2x.dcd (inside the data folder) and then when you run Boomshine2x the next time select the F100 mode.

That worked.

Back