Bomberman Kart Dx

Azure

Trust the recursion...
I'm looking for an import to get for my flip-top and I ran across this recently. It looks incredible, however, I don't know if it's up to mario kart standards. Has anybody here played it or heard of it before? Is it a good game? Is it comparable to Mario Kart 64? Thanks.

Wow, it does look pretty nice... I like the screenies they have here.

This is the only review about it I could find...
The Bombermen take another break from maze bombing and sit on karts once again for some hearty racing action. Borrowing a few pages from Mario Kart, players may attack fellow racers, grab bonuses littered on the track and ignite karts with speed boosts. Zoom along cobbled roads, lined highway stretches and dirt tracks adorned with colorful scenery.

When we started preorders in February, we mentioned that a drift mode would be nice...and Hudson appears to have listened to the market with drift-capable Bombermen. Very cool. Between races, Bomberman may explore towns and visit Parts Shops to buy gear in order to trick out a kart with booster tech and other performance enhancers to edge out the competition.

Looks awesome, now I wish I had a ps2... <_<

The main thing I'm concerned about is the language barrier. Especially this screen:
bomb6.jpg

Since there aren't any translation FAQs for it on GameFaqs, I'm pretty much screwed. It'd be realy hard trying to find out what those stats are and what those choices on the left are. I know there are obvious ones like Buy, Sell, and Exit. But the other ones are probably pretty important.

I dont know if this is any help but i have the original bomberman kart on ps2 and its dreadful, looks like a ps1 game and the kart handling is terrible. On the other hand those screen shots look good and it seems like theres some kind of rpg element to the main game which should be interesting.

From the screenshots, looks like a complete Mario Kart DD rip off. The tracks look extremely similar. And probably doesn't have the fun element.

IT IS NOT NICE AT ALL

I have played the original, and RPG elements aside, it was just horrible

the camera is too low to the ground (ala Crash Nitro) and the handling is jerky, and it seems the track is moving and the kart is staying still (ala GBA games)

JUST DONT

Well it is an upgraded version of bomberman kart, with some extra features and I'm guessing with some fixes for that camera.
bombdx4.jpg

Doesn't look too low to the ground to me.

And about the handling, I heard that it was a mix between mario kart and gran turismo. Is that pretty accurate? BTW, that comment was for the Bomberman kart, not DX. Could you guys elaborate more on the handling?

bomberman kart originals handling is hard to explain, its kind of like an ea f1 game, where your car can never turn sharp enough for the road, there is a drift button but it just makes you slide too much. i dont know if its because im so used to mario karts physics but i find bomberman kart near immposible in the later courses. i have to say though dx looks better.

Have you tried braking while drifting? Have you ever played the Gran Turismo series? If you have, have you tried using turning skills from that game in this game?

Back