Bob Or Jtag Wanted

milam

Still Fresh
Hi,

I am trying to resurect my GP2X after bricking it and after spending time looking at building a jtag i thought it might be easier to see if anyone has any old hardware going first?

I am located in the UK.

Regards

Copter

There are many DIY JTAG websites around..

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/how-make-jtag-cable-2076/

You may be able to mock up a cable yourself and resurrect your pretty little system!

You can buy jtags here..

http://www.tailor-madecircuits.com/shop/index.php?cPath=23&osCsid=5cbc6dce464dec83d198de0d0f271a61

Also, have you got a DevBoard??
I have one somewhere, it connects to the EXT port, and you MAY be able to fix your system via that too..
It's gotta have more than one use (USB HDD's).

Thanks kingoddball, that is very useful information to have. Might get myself a pre-made cable just in case my GP2X fails on me.
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
If your GP2X fails... GET A PANDORA!
I am impatiently awaiting mine! Like the other 4000+ people!
Although I still whip out the old GP2X.
I always had trouble getting software to run on my GP2. Most packages either froze the system or bounced me back to main screen. Out of like 50 apps/packages only around 10 worked for me. Quake1 worked, but would not get past the main screen :(

in my case a have the cradle and a parallel DB-25 M<->M in case i need to use the jtag. If you can't find or make that cable, you could try my way :p plus yo have the serial to, so jtag and serial console in one thing,

Thats good news too..
Can I ask what the jtag does in the Gp2x?
I have not read up on bricking.. ie, how its done, how it can be fixed etc..

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the help. The BoB is no longer manufactured as far as I can find and they seem to be rare as rocking horse poo. The dev board is also pretty difficult to get hold of. I think most people who have them will keep hold of them while they still have a working gp2x.

I am awaiting my Pandora but with the set backs on case, I wont get one till urmmmmm whenever! as such I need something to fill the gap especially as I have some long flights ahead and need the entertaiment.

I am almost going to buy a wiz just to fill the gap but that is a last resort I have manged to dig out all my electronics equipment and have purchased the required components to build my own dev board/BoB just to get the little blighter back to life.

Fingers crossed.

Hi,

I'm in the UK I have one of the original dev boards for the GP2X. I don't use it as I built another which just had USB and Audio/Video out. If you want it I'd be more than happy to sell it for a fair price.

Tom

Hi,

Thanks for the offer but I got impatient and built the BoB myself. All back up and running and very pleased!!!!!

I'll have to dig out my usb controllers to see how well they work with it!

Cheers

Copter

Are you, or anything using open2x firmware?
I just updated mine for original FW (4.0) to Open2x (D7) and I cant get it to run any apps, and it does not even see my sd card (any of the 3 I have)..

It's not very good.. :angry:

Hi,

Yes I jumped from the original firmware (I have a F100 MK1) bricked it during the upgrade. Resurected back to ver 2, then upgraded to version 4 + minor patch. Didn't get on with version 4 and then installed Open2X D7.

All using a 1GB generic SD card. Added the some skins packs and just installed most of the emulators. They all load to different degrees, have you tried the compat.

I also have hooked up a 500GB drive with all my roms on it and it all seems to work fine. I do get some errors loading up Open2X via the serial port but it does seem to work fine.

The only problem I have is with the TV out which works okay on the menu system but when I enter any of the emulators I get the last 5mm of the right hand side of the screen wrapped around from the left?

Regards

Copter

Back