Boardgame- Competition And Win 1 Of 2 Wiz

Kasumi89

Write a boardgame like Checkers, Monopoly, Man don't worry or Chess(but that we have allready thx ZX-81)

Look Here:
http://www.glbasic.com/main.php?site=boardgames-compo&lang=en
All games must be made with GLBasic!

1. Place:
* GP2X Wiz
* GLBasic SDK premium
(oder 2x USB-dance mat)
* GLBasic T-Shirt
2. Place:
* GP2X Wiz
* GLBasic SDK premium
(oder 2x USB-dance mat)
3. Place:
* GLBasic SDK premium
(oder 2x USB-dance mat)

GOOD LUCK!

Lol I think a board game is the last thing needed for the WIZ to become popular.
And I guess I´m seeing a lot of new board games in the file archieve for the upcoming time...
On the other hand Boardgames aren´t very time expensive. To get the idea for an unique board game is far more work than the actual process of game
development.
I think due to that, they hoped for more competitors, so that a huge flood of board games comes to the WIZ.

Lets hope there are some unique board games included and no rip-offs.
I hate it when a copy gains a price over an original even if the original has a greater fun-factor.

I'm going to disagree and say that the sooner someone puts Catan or Carcassonne on the Wiz, the better.

Even better would be to implement pass-and-play multiplayer.

nabz32x you just do not appreciate the quality of a good board game.

Lol did you read my post?
thats just my opinion, i´m not the board game player.
the main point I was trying to actually discuss here, are the originality of a board game.
Because thats the main point of an good board game, the idea behind it.
I don´t want this a "porting" competition of a board game, because if it is than
people who came up with a own idea will probably end up in ranking behind some guy
who ported Monopoly or Risk to the WIZ.

I just want to see new board game styles on the wiz, not getting a list of remakes.

"All games must be made with GLBasic."

Y'know... this is sorta important. You really should have put GLBasic into the topic.

nabz32x said:
Lol did you read my post?
thats just my opinion, i´m not the board game player.
the main point I was trying to actually discuss here, are the originality of a board game.
Because thats the main point of an good board game, the idea behind it.
I don´t want this a "porting" competition of a board game, because if it is than
people who came up with a own idea will probably end up in ranking behind some guy
who ported Monopoly or Risk to the WIZ.

I just want to see new board game styles on the wiz, not getting a list of remakes.

The problem is that a lot of people who try to make board games end up making pretty awful board games. There are countless board games out there, many of which would be amazing ported to the Wiz. I'd rather see someone port Fjords or something to the Wiz than see someone make a game like those ones you see on the back of cereal boxes. A lot of people don't have a very good perspective on what a board game is, and they sort of approach it in a very narrow way. Not all board games are Risk or Monopoly, and there's no reason to put someone down for putting a good game into code just because it's not their idea. Ports are awesome when they're ports of awesome games. I call that the Awesome Theorem.

Last edited by a moderator:
DurTahar said:
Ports are awesome when they're ports of awesome games. I call that the Awesome Theorem.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Senor Quack said:
DurTahar said:
Ports are awesome when they're ports of awesome games. I call that the Awesome Theorem.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Unfortunately the inner workings of science take a long time. By the time another great theorem is completed, we'll both be dead. However, I guess we could sign any current or future children of yours to the newsletter, it might be useful to them when any current or future children of mine are trying to finish my life's work.

Back