Bluetooth problem

I updated the Pandora OS to 1.53.

I enabled Bluetooth.

I clicked "Set up new device".

I clicked "Forward".

I turned on my Jaybird bluetooth headset.

No detection.

Same headset works on my cell phones.

Just to confirm, have you rebooted since updating the firmware?

Also are you sure the device hasn't reached its maximum pairing limit?  Some bluetooth audio devices can only be paired with a limited number of host devices.  Once this is reached it won't pair with any others unless you reset it to clear the existing pairings.  (the device manual should tell you how)  I don't know if this applies to your device but its worth checking out.

- Neelix

I have restarted everytime I recharge.

Since I have no idea if you have recharged since you updated the firmware that doesn't actually answer my question.

This is the only bluetooth device I'm connecting.

You missed my point. The headset has been paired to other devices, you stated as much. The headset might not be able to pair with the Pandora until those other pairings have been cleared.

- Neelix

Restart = Reboot. Correct?

And do I have to delete the headset's setting(s) on one or more other devices before connecting the headset with the Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
Restart = Reboot. Correct?
Restart was your term, and yes I was assuming you meant reboot.

And do I have to delete the headset's setting(s) on one or more other devices before connecting the headset with the Pandora?
 Not as such. The settings on other devices can't affect the pairing between the headset and the Pandora, but the previous pairings may be stored in the headset's memory, and if that memory is full it may prevent pairing. That memory in the headset itself is what might need to be cleared.

Do you have the model number of the headset?

- Neelix

If you got it connected, and now want to play audio through it,   I'd suggest following the instructions here.

- Neelix

Unfortunately bluetooth audio still need a bit of work to be as nice as the desktop versions of linux..

I got it connected...
Would you care to post how you got it to connect just in case anyone with similar problems should find this thread after a forum search?

Looks difficult for me to follow.
Give it a try, you'll get a great feeling of accomplishment if you succeed, and will have just lost a bit of time if it does not work.

I typed this in mousepad:

=====================

pcm.!default {

type plug

slave.pcm "bluetooth"

pcm.bluetooth {

type bluetooth

}

hcitool con

pcm.bluetooth {

type bluetooth

device MA:CA:DD:RE:SS:!!

}

Exactly MA:CA:DD:RE:SS:!!

=====================

Saved it. Nothing happened.

And I don't have mplayer, so does this work on other things like emulators and other media players? And how do I renew my password used in terminal and root terminal?

I got it connected...
Would you care to post how you got it to connect just in case anyone with similar problems should find this thread after a forum search?

>>Looks difficult for me to follow.
Give it a try, you'll get a great feeling of accomplishment if you succeed, and will have just lost a bit of time if it does not work.
It just got connected after several attempts of turning it on or off. I turned it on while the Pandora was searching and it connected.

Now some of my questions are left unanswered. And how do I find my MAC ID or address?

Type this when you have your device connected:

Code:
hcitool con

That should give you a MAC address. (look for a sequence that looks like XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX )

- Neelix

Back