Sound via Bluetooth (to Grundig M2100)

F_Slim

IDDQD
Hi,

today I bought a new CD player (Grundig M2100) which supports Bluetooth. From the manual it looks like all you have to do is connect the device and you should be able to stream the sound.

Connecting the Pandora was easy, it finds the CD player (although it sees it as Headset-device, but I guess that's the whole class of audio-devices) and both seem to recognize each other.

However, there is no sound coming out of the speakers of the CD player.

why? is it not supported by the Pandora?

This is the first time I try to do anything with Bluetooth by the way, so maybe I overlooked something obvious?

[EDIT:] ok, just tried with my notebook and that works as expected, the CD player is also recognized as headset-device and any sound played goes directly to the speakers ...

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so I got it partly working (only with Audacious) by editing /etc/asound.conf as suggested by Ed here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/9282-easy-bluetooth-headphone-solution/?p=302171/URL]

Afterwards (I did a reboot to be sure) you can select BT headset as output device in the advanced preferences for ALSA inside the Audacious preferences.

I had to quit and start Audacious again, probably because I played something through the Pandora speakers before I changed the preferences, but then it works.

It's a pity you that can't just redirect any sound to the BT device, like my notebook does ... maybe it's a Linux-thing :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back