Bluetooth idea

kloplop321

Psychotic Trans-dimensional Being
Website
kloplop321.com
Well, this is only and idea and not really available because the dev boards don't have the WiFi chip in it, but anyway, I was thinking..
Why not try to make a bluetooth sniffer that only takes data going to and from a specified device and correlating that with an interface, such as a wireless tablet. I mean, not totally automatic, but at least something that figures out what groups of data there are, and then act as if a substitution of that device. Such as this example
Me in my physics class while the teacher is using the tablet, I sniff the data, find out if it has groups of data that go together, then basically using the touch screen as a tablet and moving around the mouse when the teacher isn't looking :p
But the concept is, I could technically just install the drivers for the tablet at home, and use my (future) Pandora to be used as a simple mouse coordinate and clicking(say right click is R shoulder, L shoulder for the left click), with the touch screen.
But it still would be as fun as turning on the TV in the classroom with my PSP ^_^

I am just saying that for now Why not try to create something that is able to parse, and find where to split the "packets". Then all I have to do is assign the bit values such as byte(256), short, int, long, or whatever.

This is only an idea though and I know that the drivers for the WiFi chip are still in development(or recently finished) and the bluetooth coding would be blind coding at the moment anyway.

this reminds me of the time were i made an universal RF jammer and screwed up a lot of shit... ahhh fun times.

This all presumes that for some reason that his tablet is broadcasting it's mouse activity over bluetooth, and listening for mouse inputs over bluetooth. Basically the only way what you propose would work would be if he was using a bluetooth mouse. Furthermore it assumes that the mouse he's using has no pairing key associated with it, and it probably wouldn't, but still. Then you'll need to have a bluetooth stack, hardware, and driver set that allow for packet injection. The list of requirements, and circumstance goes on an on, in other words it pretty much can't happen. What could happen however, again assuming the right stack, and drivers, would be that you could connect your pandora to his tablet as a HID class mouse, and pair it while he's not looking (out of the room). Then presuming he leaves bluetooth on, you'd be able to move his mouse whenever. The overall problem with the whole thing is that it'd be faster and simpler, albiet less legal to trojan his tablet, and control it any way you want over wireless. Keep in mind though; I'm not actually suggesting you do this, in fact if you do it will be breaking the law. So, as funny as all this would be, I'd advise against any of it. If you want some harmless clean fun buy an Annoy-a-tron from ThinkGeek or something like that.

polkunus said:
this reminds me of the time were i made an universal RF jammer and screwed up a lot of shit... ahhh fun times.

lol I used to have one of those - how do you make one?

Arialia said:
I think it will be more useful than make drivers/programs to simulate joystick bluetooth, wiimote ... than hacking other bluetooth devices :wink:

A wiimote?
FAIL!

Ok.
An awesome bluetooth system would be nice.
Maybe one that could integrate with my PDA.?

Antoligy said:
A wiimote?
FAIL!

Ok.
An awesome bluetooth system would be nice.
Maybe one that could integrate with my PDA.?

You're problem with a wiimote would be? Most bluetooth devices will work out of the box, so long as they are a bluetooth HID class, the drivers a and provisions should already be there for them. If the libraries for interacting with a wiimote are not already out there for linux, I fully intend to make this happen. I've a decent amount of experience dealing with the wiimote in windows, and much of it should be precisely similar to linux. I've already briefly stated my intentions on this in another thread. Connecting via bluetooth to your PDA should also be supported right out of the box. You should be able to beam files to and from, maybe some other things depending on the robustness of the bluetooth stack used on the pandora.

jakshep2 said:
polkunus said:

lol I used to have one of those - how do you make one?

RF jammers are VERY illegal, I can't even tell you how to make one.

BTW the legal area for this type of fun is low... so it doesn't really matter. Since most of the people on this forum are against illegal activities you can try and ask some "darker" forums about it and they might help you.

Back