Bluetooth PAN Fixed?

levi1123

If you read the topic description I probably am just doing this incorrectly, but I cannot figure out how to get the Panda to piggyback off my laptops connection via bluetooth. Is it not supported in windows 7?

Regardless of which connection mode I choose on the PC (Direct connection, Adhoc, or Access point) I get no DORA between my laptop and my Pandora.

My Pandora is however able to use my laptop for its audio out, tested via Exaile and switching the default audio out dev to bluetooth in .asoundrc. That works great, sounds crisp and clear as one would expect a good bluetooth device to sound.

..Kind of got derailed there, as my goal is to use the internet via bluetooth on my pandora, but stumbling upon the audio out feature on my laptop just now is pretty dang cool. Any help/pointers/replies appreciated. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
When you first connect the Pandora via Bluetooth to the PC, you have a small box to tick "Use for internet connection" (or similar) at the end of the process.

Once you done this and enabled PAN on your PC, you can connect via Network Manager.

When you first connect the Pandora via Bluetooth to the PC, you have a small box to tick "Use for internet connection" (or similar) at the end of the process.

Once you done this and enabled PAN on your PC, you can connect via Network Manager.

Haven't seen anything of the sort.. can you be a bit more precise as to where/when i will see the option for "Use for internet connection" please?

Am posting this from Ubuntu 10.4 running off my thumbdrive, I receive the option to connect and use the Internet through "my mobile phone" <-- I lol'd at that thought for a second or two, then realized that when connecting to my laptop from the Pandora, i still am not able to browse through Bluetooth. No lease is given and just like in windows occasionally during a DHCP Discover from my panda I'll get the following.

Code:
 -----

Listening on LPF/bnep0/MA:CA:DD:RE:SS:ES

Sending on   LPF/bnep0/RE:MO:VE:DA:HA:HA

Sending on   Socket/fallback

DHCPDISCOVER on bnep0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 12

DHCPDISCOVER on bnep0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 9

DHCPDISCOVER on bnep0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5

DHCPDISCOVER on bnep0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 4

receive_packet failed on bnep0: Network is down

DHCPDISCOVER on bnep0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 8

send_packet: No such device

DHCPDISCOVER on bnep0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 12

send_packet: No such device

DHCPDISCOVER on bnep0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 15

DHCPDISCOVER on bnep0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 10

No DHCPOFFERS received.

No working leases in persistent database - sleeping

-----

Hand wrote most of that given my Pandora can't use my wifi network too easily.. Any clues guys?

Edit: When getting those errors, the bluetooth connection seems to die out. I wonder if the bluetooth USB I'm using just doesn't like the Pandora?

Although, for everything else: File transfers and audio out, it works just fine. No disconnects mid transfer or anything.. how weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
After you selected to use that connection for mobile internet, you also need to establish the internet connection.

There's a PANU entry in Network Manager. Use that one to connect.

Mah bad, forgot to mention that this occurs when selecting the Panu from the network manager. =)

Hm, I've seen the same problems when trying to tether with an iPhone... as soon as you connect, the iPhone drops the connnection.

I wonder what's different with a PC / iPhone compared to Windows Mobile?

Back