Bloodshed Now Crashing Pc

Sadistictoaster

Still Fresh
Help

I'm using the Gamepark Holdings Software Developer's Kit verson of bloodshed : and for months all worked fine. Now , for no reason I can figure : when I try to compile code for GP2X mode , my monitor goes blank , and the PC stops responding. I have to reboot. Still works fine for win mode though.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling , however , this has not helped.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Have you also reinstalled the tool chain ? If it is working fine for Windows then it is not down to Dev-c++ but the different compiler/linker setup.

I initially installed Dev-C++ but I gave Codeblocks a go and will never go back. I suggest you follow the wiki instructions on installing Codeblocks. It is so much better IMHO.

The only problems I have had with it are the block paste command does not function correctly - but neither does Dev-C++'s and it forgets to display the linker options on occasion ( in the Project->Build Options->Linker tab). Since it is a live project these issues may have been sorted in the latest update - whereas Dev-C++ is no longer being worked on as far a I understand.

I stuck with Dev-C through some sort of perverse loyalty (wierd) for too long but am glad I eventually tried codeblocks. Highly recommended.

Yep : that sorted it. Thanks.

I did have a crack at codeblocks , but couldn't figure out how to set it up ( always was rubbish at setting up compliers : thats why Bloodshed's 'all-in-one-ness' came as such a blessing to me )

Back