Blood Cross

NeoGML

Still Fresh
Website
matthewylim.blogspot.com
Hi, has anyone played Blood Cross?

see, i downloaded the replay player and a few replays from the korean blood cross site, and the game looks really good, but the replays were really slow, and the replay viewer (PC version) had a really messed up color scheme and resolution.

I neglected to mention that i don't own a GP32 quite yet.

So, has anyone played it, and is it good?

Yes i've played it, no its not good. The graphics are fine, but for a 2-D fighter it sucks. Its just a demo but there's 2 characters that are pretty much the same person, you can't jump, no ariel moves and either there are no specials or they are just really hard to pull off.

The demo is pretty wierd. The fighting is all ground based, you can tackle, graple, punch guys in the face while there down etc. The peoples health refils so its kinda realistic. It would have been better if you could do more and if it were a full game :p

You'll have to excuse my comment about it being slow; my computer was just performing really poorly at the time.

No good? damn, it looked like so much fun. i thought that the small number of moves and all ground based fighting was cool, i mean, it is a portable fighting game after all. I didn't expect it to be a real full fledged fighting game, because you're playing with a pad, you know?

Well, if i get my gp32 (good possibility), i'll try the demo. Thanks for your input.

If you ordered your GP32 from GBAX then it will come on the disk, that will save you a little time. But the game runs real smooth, so yes it was your computer, or maybe it was the quality of the replays, whatever it was, who cares.

I like the game and it will be alot better when the full version comes out it is wierd as u can't jump but its very fun and its alot more fun playing it throught the net :)

kicking a koreans ass or getting your ass kicked from korea is great even if u can't talk the same language i always get to play them easily :)

:ph34r:

This game is no good ? Well, if you love all those 100x mega super duper shitty flying combos in games - you can be a little disapointed. But you need to play a little to feel the beauty of the fights in Blood Cross. There are 3 characters in demo, and belive me they fight differents styles. They are not jumping ? :) I havent seen jumping boxer or judo fighter :) Third guy actually can jump. Every person has a lot of combinations of moves. Their fight is very realistiv and as Byulbram said some time ogo it is not goig to be an simple one button 10 combo hit, but rather realistic fight like in Virtua Figters games game is going to be one of my favourite games when released.

I really like this game... It's bit different from what you usually se, but I think it's for the better. For once there is a complete difference between the fighters technique - well, of the 3 fighters in the demo anyway... I really like the Judo-chick, although it's pretty hard to pull of some moves.... but there is some sort of logic in the controls.

I'm differently considering buying this when it comes out.... well... maybe little later if they're planning to translate it... or at least translate a manual or something..

I like the game also, strong graphics and while the gameplay/moves were limited this is because the game is only a demo.

Its my most wanted game for the GP32.

I also like this game. Really feels like you're making a connection when you whack someone. Sometimes simplicity is best.

i loved the demo, it was probably the most played thing on my gp32 until opensnes came out. When is the game coming out for sale?

I like the demo very much. I have to agree, it's nothing like Garou - Mark of the wolves or Street Fighter, it's a complete different concept - and that's okay with me! Finally something new! =)

Normally I like street fighterish fighting games, but this game is rather neat! ( some attacks pass through each other logically), The whole ground based combat (IRL you wouldn't try to jump kick someone unless you wanted your leg fed to you)

And yes, out of pure instinct I tried to do a fireball motion to see if anything happened. :p

I love this game! At first the battles run kind of slow, but once you get the hang of it it runs alot smoother. The gameplay involves beautiful movements performed by executing several button combination(mostly involving the D-pad). Each chareacter has somewhat of a unique style of fighting(Boxing,Judo,and Grappling), making the game harder to master. The demo can be quite entertaining, and hopefully when the full version comes out it will be even better. :)

OKentaro_9999

I found the demo quite good :)

It's a refreshing style for fighting games !

Back