Blingo

First all I don't wan't to shit on your game at all, so please, don't take this wrongly.
Second, this really shows what people go for in games, graphics, graphics, graphics. The gameplay can be shitty (which it won't be here luckily) people still will rave about how good the graphics are, who cares about gameplay, longtime motivation and fun? This is one thing e.g. Nintendo does right and I hope, that they will somehow influence the gaming community.
Having said that I'm really looking forward to this as I'm a fan of small games which I can play on the metro while going to work, so hurry up!

Nagelfar posted on Dec 21 2006 at 09:29 AM said:
First all I don't wan't to shit on your game at all, so please, don't take this wrongly.
Second, this really shows what people go for in games, graphics, graphics, graphics. The gameplay can be shitty (which it won't be here luckily) people still will rave about how good the graphics are, who cares about gameplay, longtime motivation and fun? This is one thing e.g. Nintendo does right and I hope, that they will somehow influence the gaming community.
Having said that I'm really looking forward to this as I'm a fan of small games which I can play on the metro while going to work, so hurry up!

I understand what you're saying but not sure I totally agree with you. For most people who bought a GP2X one of the main reasons was because of the ability to play old games and many of those didn't have the best graphics, if we'd wanted fantastic graphics and no gameplay we could have all bought a PSP (sony and it's developers should definately take a leaf out of Nintendos book). Also the fact that the DS and Wii are doing so well is testament to the fact that people are fed up of endless sequels with flashy graphics and no gameplay. Personaly though, although I agree that graphics don't make the game I do think they are a very important aspect and if you can make a game look resonably nice why not, It can only add to the games appeal.
I'm sure that this game won't appeal to a lot of people as it is a game of complete luck and many will see it as a waste of time but I'm also sure there will be lots of people who find it a fun diversion (I hope so anyway :unsure: ;) ).

Better get on with finishing the game now. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Nagelfar, ruckage only posted screenshots.. what else are people supposed to comment about other than how good it looks?

Personally, I'm a big fan of Slingo so I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

subcon959 posted on Dec 21 2006 at 11:02 PM said:
Nagelfar, ruckage only posted screenshots.. what else are people supposed to comment about other than how good it looks?

Personally, I'm a big fan of Slingo so I'm definitely looking forward to this one!
That's not what I meant. I only think it is weird to only rave about the graphics but not to post one single question about gameplay or status or progress or anything. But please, lets not start this here lets just look forward to another hopefully great and funny game :)

I just played slingo online and it is something I would definitely like on my gp2x

Nice to see all the interest my little game is getting, it's coming along quite quickly although I haven't been able to spend as much time on it today as I would have liked. Most of the programming is in place it's mainly tying together loose ends now (though I'm sure anyone who has ever tried writing a game will agree that that part seems to take the longest). I hope I'll be able to release it in a few days so I really need to crack on.

A quick question to you all, do you think that a highscore table would be an important addition or is it somthing that you're not really bothered about?

A highscore table would definitely be a necessary addition in my opinion. It's one of the main contributing factors to the "just one more go.." phenomenon.

yeah highscore table always adds more playability, either you or your mates trying to beat the highscore :)

also for the comment on people going for graphics over gameplay, this is true in most cases, first looks count. But in this instance we only have the graphics to comment on as the game has not been released. Hence why people are giving it a lot of praise for the graphics and nothing else as there isn't anything else to judge the game on.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Dec 22 2006 at 07:16 AM said:
Excelent looking game, can't wait to try it :)
Not long now :)

Quiest posted on Dec 22 2006 at 07:40 AM said:
Looks excellent!

Fenix game?

Yep, having great fun - I used to play around with DIV but it was so long ago I'm re-learning everything. Think I'm getting to grips with it now though.

Will definately include a Hiscore table as that seems to be popular. Very very close to finishing now. :)

ruckage posted on Dec 22 2006 at 08:41 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Dec 22 2006 at 07:16 AM said:
Excelent looking game, can't wait to try it :)
Not long now :)

Quiest posted on Dec 22 2006 at 07:40 AM said:
Looks excellent!

Fenix game?

Yep, having great fun - I used to play around with DIV but it was so long ago I'm re-learning everything. Think I'm getting to grips with it now though.

Will definately include a Hiscore table as that seems to be popular. Very very close to finishing now. :)
If you need any webspace for a website, i'd be happy to give you some.

That's offtopic, but, oh well.

sam fisher posted on Dec 23 2006 at 02:41 AM said:
If you need any webspace for a website, i'd be happy to give you some.

That's offtopic, but, oh well.
Thanks for the offer, that's very kind. Will keep it in mind.

Line O posted on Dec 23 2006 at 05:46 AM said:
I've decided: I'm learning Fenix.

On topic: My wife loves Slingo. To be able to play it anywhere anytime? I oughtta punch you in the mouth for costing me a GP2X! :D Looks fantastic.
:blink: :D Well I hope she likes it when she finally gets to play it. I'm sorting the hi-score table at the moment then once that's done I just need to add the sound and give it a bit more testing before releasing.

Back