BIG UK Coverage!

adr

Still Fresh
b3ta.com, a very good (one of my personal favourite sites) and popular British website, has given the GP32 coverage in their latest newsletter!

They wrote:

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO W00T
World's most powerful handheld games machine

We've spent the last two days playing with a
GamePark32 - a Korean handheld games console.

It can do a decent job of emulating a Gameboy,
ZX Spectrum, PC Engine, NES, Game Gear and
a Commodore 64.

It also plays MP3s and has a stab at playing
DivX movies, too.

It's like a retro gaming iPod.

Should you get one? Yes. For £100 it's about
the same price as a Gameboy and a lot more
fun. Sheesh. You don't have to pay for the
games - you can just nick them from internet.
http://www.gbax.com/gp32review.html

A link to GBAX!! Wow! This seems brilliant, and will probably stir up quite a lot of interest in the UK!

B3ta's how I found out about GP32 actually!

Big up the b3ta massive! :D

P.S. since we're talking bout gp32 and how it is being exposed to more people. my freind said he saw sompin in GMR about it :D

There is more coverage coming up in the next few months in the UK press, suprising what a box of free GP32's does :) once people who have previously been ignoring it (or havent even heard of it) actually get to TRY it they seem to suddenly like it.

There is a lot of bad mis-information going round about the GP32 thanks to sites like IGN (see their 'review') which i'm trying to correct.

Hopfully the future will be bright for the gp32, at least in the UK. Plus the more people who own one the more free stuff gets developed!

-Craig

www.gbax.com

They must be getting reasonably popular - while on the way down to Oxford for Retrovision III, me and a mate were playing with them. A guy gets on the train and pulls his out! (GP32, not anything... unsavoury). And he wasn't even going to the same place (we got ours because Jeff Minter put forward a really good case for them, so we bought them like the sheep we were).

So far I love it - a handheld I can code for! Without buying tons of other crap! Under Linux! Great stuff. B)

Since the newsletter was posted last Friday, I've got interested, read up, researched and just bought a GP32, so I'd say I'm a good lead for any others :)

Cheers to B3ta for letting me know, and here's to many a happy hour fiddling with my GP32.

I'm an emulator nut, and have been waiting for something like this for the last five years! Dunno how the hell I haven't heard about it sooner!

Cheers!

I was thinking about buying a GBA SP, since it had just come out. Then I read the newsletter by total chance (through another link) and found out about the GP32, and bought it the same day. Then again I would have probably ended up buying it anyway since it was featured on /.

- Rico

Back