Big News ! I Found Ljnes And Fgb32(first Build) At 160 And 166mhz

renejr902

Website
Visit site
BIG NEWS !!!! i found ljnes and fgb32(first build) at 160 and 166mhz. even 156mhz.

cant believe i found it on the gp32x forum, im searching that since some months.

theres the link: www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=16570

PLEASE PUT THEM ON THE GP32 SECTION DOWNLOAD.

I DONT WANT OTHERS PERSONS IN THE SAME TROUBLE

all the links on the link web page works, so you can download all overclocked emus and add them in the gp32 download section

NOTE: all i need now, is a fgb32 preview day at 160mhz. ryleh said me it will do it soon.

IMPORTANT: THE 160mhz littlejohn gp 0.4 version RUNS BETTER THAN 166mhz version. in fact the 160 mhz version runs 100% fullspeed with vsync and fullscreen like any nes pc emulator (98% perfect i tested it with real hardware and emulator). I NEVER SEE A NES EMULATOR RUNS SO GREAT WITH A GP32.
anyway you need to use VSYNC ON, because with vsync off, the game run strange, because too much speed. :)

i notice after you played a first game, when you start your second game without rebooting, it can be necessary to put vsync off again in the second game and put it again On , because without that some game seem to be buggy. just switch vsync on and off, return to the game at each switch

maybe the 166mhz has a bug. BUT THE 160 MHZ IS 100% FULLSPEED WITH ANY GAMES WITH VSYNC ON
i never enjoy playing mario bros 3 and megaman 4 so much

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the breakpoint method and i got different others emu running with overclock speed. thats very fun.
with that trick you can got most emulators at the speed of your choice.

unfortunately i didnt get fgb32 preview day working with this method. ( fgb32 preview day has NEVER work with my gp32, no one know the reason, so i try to change the emu cpu speed)

2 reasons are possible. 1. my gp32 dont want to get working fgb32 preview day even with different cpu speed OR my emu is not really running at 156 mhz

if you want to try it, send me a email i will send you the 156mhz and 160mhz preview day version. but i dont know if you will be able to tell me if they really run at 156 and 160mhz.

thanks anyway.

i did several tests. and the best version for speed and vsync option is: LITTLEJOHN GP 0.4 at 160mhz (ljgp 0.4). the 166mhz version runs 15% slower. very strange.

and i did several others emu with differents speed.

HOW CAN I POST THEM ON MY TOPIC . i dont find any options :(

thanks for help. i want to post them for the community

Well good for you. Honestly, I dont think anybody's gp32 still fucking works. I know mine is on its last leg, and I haven't turned it on in maybe 2 years.....

I think I still have a large majority of the software from back then though, somewhere on my 1TB drive....lol. Let me know what you want, and I'll let u know what I have.....maybe I can email it to you.

DSR

Hey, thanks for finding those. I've been wanting to try a faster version of fSMS32 since I noticed it supported FM Sound, and there was a 166 MHz version in that thread. It's still too slow when FM Sound is turned on, but it's getting there :)

sms32 work great with fm sound emulation. For me sms32 v0.5 is a better emulator than fsms32. its not the same author

go download it in the gp32 section.

note: i mod my gp32 now i can do 200mhz, so i will do 200mhz version of any emulator if someone need it.
i did a lot of 200mhz emulators, but i cant get working at all fgb32 preview day. any speed i try it doesnt work. so modding my gp32 didnt solve my problem with fgb32 preview day. but sonic 1 with drmd run most of time 60 fps at 208mhz. 208mhz is the max stable speed i got. its better safe to not get voltage too high with the cpu, so 200mhz was my goal.

I still find SMS32 not fast enough with FM sound on, but it's pretty good anyway. I think I'll be using it when I can't get Game Gear games to run at the right speed on fSMS32.

Back