Best Psx Games?

mr.miyagi said:
Spyre the dragon and vib ribbon(a really simple but great game), two great games.
but vib ribbon dosent work on psx4gp2x sadly enough :( , but well i play it on my laptop anyway :)
Vib Ribbon was the first thing I tried :) Was really glitchy on the PSP though :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheeze, all this talk about PSX makes me want to do an emulator for it! :p

My addition to the list: DoDonPachi
I am going to test DoDonPachi on psx4gp2x Build 071907 now! Might be cool to see! Great topic!

SaGa Frontier and SaGa Frontier 2, Legend of Mana and Breath of fire 3... those are amazing. If you like rpgs, I would recommend these.

Both of the Medal of Honor games were top notch back in the day. They had great stories and were really fun :) Also, I always loved rayman as a platformer

zodttd said:
Sheeze, all this talk about PSX makes me want to do an emulator for it! :p
WOW! I was certain Superman tricked General Zod out of all his superpowers. I guess he forgot about Zod's super intelligence to build the world's best PSX emulator. I doubt it's enough to take over the world though.

Devil Dice - fast paced puzzler.
Vigilante 8 - car carnage at its best;ultra hilarious to watch a plane knock a car a hundred feet in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
great thread, ive searched for "best/favorite/top psx games" on google so many times, I think I've found almost all of them...

anyways, here is my list:

Crash Bandicoot Series (including team racing)
Einhander (best game for psx, imo)
Grand Theft Auto (the originals)
Grind Session (Like Tony Hawk, but much better soundtrack)
Thrasher: Skate and Destroy (the anti-tony hawk, this game is realistic, and best soundtrack ever)
Jet Moto 2
NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC (don't let the name fool you, this is a 3on3 NBA Jam TE!!!)
Syphon Filter Series
Tenchu Series
Tomb Raider Series
Twisted Metal 1+2
Wu-Tang Shaolin Style (I happen to love the fighting system, but its a love/hate thing according to most reviews)

Back