Best Neo Geo Cd Games

A emulator on the PSP ey?
That console just moved up from 'no fucking way' to 'hmm...maybe if I can afford it with my penny jar'

Games:
Obviously the Metal Slugs
the first party baseball one the name of which I can't remember
can't remember any others...

Sorry it took so long guys, here's the pic of that sweet little Neo Geo cabinet:

635763_34_full.jpg

And just so some of you can drool, here's a pic of a display SNK had covering most of their history... give... me... that CDZ system!!!!!

635763_33_full.jpg

2 player on that cab would suck! but it looks SO nice! would be very doable with an xbox or a neo geo home system of course along with a nice lcd monitor.

Games:

2020 BASEBALL? That game is excellent.

...and I recommend Windjammers to everyone who likes a bit of tennis/pong.

Last edited by a moderator:
nope me and my wife were playing Metal Slug thru the first level at the same time, was not a problem at all. A little closer than usual but definately didn't suck :D

I heard and saw a lot of things about Samurai Shodown RPG, but never had the chance to test it... And it is only on NeoGeo CD (if I could, I would buy one ^^)

Samurai Shodown RPG exist in 3 differents version ... One on Saturn, one on Playstation & the last one on NGCD ... The 3 versions are mainly the same but each version got some little differences in the scenario (even if I got only the NGCD version unfortunatly).

Ironclad tested.

WOW.

A lot of minor graphical glitches but nothing that runs throughout the game. Very fast :eek:

Lucky you ;) Could you please try some big games like Metal Slug 1/2/3 & Twinkle star Spirit (if it exist on NGCD) and tell us if they work...
If they do, I'll get a Psp in my hands faster that what I planned lol

Games:

2020 BASEBALL? That game is excellent.

...and I recommend Windjammers to everyone who likes a bit of tennis/pong.

windjammers OH YEAH! i love tha game. funny thing is, i just discovered it a couple weeks ago from a friend's recommendation.
it's really fun, but the round times could be longer!

I've already said on the first page. :blink:

I've tried out both Ironclad and Metal Slug 2.

Metal Slug 2 I would say is around 50 - 70% speed. It's still very playable but it's a way from being full speed. Very, very impressive for a first release.

Ironclad I swear is full speed, but with a weird frameskip. There are a lot of clipping / very minor graphical issues, and flickering sprites on occasions, but it's still fully playable.

Almost finished it earlier.

I've already said on the first page. :blink:

I've tried out both Ironclad and Metal Slug 2.

Metal Slug 2 I would say is around 50 - 70% speed. It's still very playable but it's a way from being full speed. Very, very impressive for a first release.

Ironclad I swear is full speed, but with a weird frameskip. There are a lot of clipping / very minor graphical issues, and flickering sprites on occasions, but it's still fully playable.

Almost finished it earlier.

thanks alot :)
yes I saw your post on the first page, but I thought more ppl played more games & thus the list would be more long ;)
btw the emulator itself haven't see any new update, so it also can explain that....

Back