Best Neo Geo Cd Games

watoto

ok people,a neo geo cd emu has just appeared for psp.no idea on the quality,but having never played it i'd like some suggestions on a solid list of good games for the system.thanks

a lot of the mvs/aes games are also on neo geo cd, though these ports have ripped audio samples or lower res sprites(i think).
and yaeh, this emulator runs at full speed it seems!
try samurai showdown or windjammers or any of the metal slugs or KOFs. too many good games

Don`t tell me, Metal Slug is running on the PSP?????

Shouldn`t there be the same memory issues like with the gp32?

And why the f*ck isn`t 1.5 already cracked? :D

psp has 32mb ram but i'm not sure how big the Neo CD roms are, but if you think about it, the games that i remember aren't really that much more advanced than SNES games, just a little bit. Like Samurai Showdown, the only real difference between the actual neo geo version and SNES was the size of the sprites and the zoom in and out effect. I couldn't imagine them being that huge, but I could be wrong and usually am.

i can't wait for 1.5 to be cracked. So much good stuff is coming out now.

Actually the NeoGeo was basically a buffed up Megadrive. It uses some of the same CPUs such as the Z80 and 68000 but running faster. It had more memory, sprites, colors and better sound.

I heard and saw a lot of things about Samurai Shodown RPG, but never had the chance to test it... And it is only on NeoGeo CD (if I could, I would buy one ^^)

psp has 32mb ram but i'm not sure how big the Neo CD roms are

Doesn't matter, as long as you can put them onto your memory stick.
These are CD games, so they are meant to incrementally load, so they don't need to be loaded into the RAM at once!

BTW: Try Magical Drop 2 :)

Last edited:
If this emulator only supports real-time loading, God have mercy on your souls.

If so, Puzzle Bobble and Aero Fighters 2 are two decent quick-loading games.

I couldn't imagine them being that huge, but I could be wrong and usually am.

MVS/home carts can reach upwards of 700Meg, although the zipped ROM file is usually much smaller. Not sure about CD rips, but I don't see much reason for them to be any smaller. Like EvilDragon pointed out, they should work OK though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[me] smacks head into wall repeatedly for upgrading fw [/me]

head-banging.gif

:D

If it`s any consolation, Alot of us have v1.5 or 1.51 firmware. It`s only a matter of time, You`ll see. :)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
I however, don't. :)

The loading is VERY, VERY quick. Definately NOT real time.

I'm looking for more images of Neogeo CD games as we speak, but i've tried out Metal Slug 2 and it's amazing for a first release. Quite a lot of slowdown, but very playable still. :)

I'll try Ironclad in a minute.

Ok, I tried it but I only get to the loading screen and then it takes me back to the menu.

btw I tried with samurai showdown 1 (Iso,cue+mp3)
shouldnt the audio be in wav-format?

It shouldn't be in image format. :)

Burn the Neogeo CD image, and take the contents of the CD and put them all in a zip file.

Name the zip 'neocd.zip' and put that in the directory. :)

what game are you playing and how fast is it running?
also, that's you doing a flashkick, right?

I've tried samurai showdown and kabuki klash. Both runs nice definitly playable not perfect but still. :)

..and yes thats me busting a flashkick.

Back