Best How-to Sites For

Vince2501

PSP hacking?

Is the slim version better for emulation?

Any suggestions for Pandora's battery?

Besides the aforementioned excellent QJ.net forums, there are some good people and guides here:

AfterDawn PSP forums

and some excellent articles, tutorials and threads here:

PSP-hacks.com forums

and more excellent advice and guides here:

MaxConsole PSP forums

Between these four resources, you should find everything you need to do ANYTHING that can currently be done on/with your PSP... Lots of reading though... :)

Vince2501 said:
Is the slim version better for emulation?
Short answer - no, it isn't.

Longer answer - it's actually harder to hack a slim PSP than a fatty. But "harder" is a relative term. Neither is overly difficult. You do get more RAM, but I haven't read anything about this improving emus in any noticable way. Also, the Slim model is more expensive.

The Slim is not better for emulation - per se - but it is better in general. More RAM, TV-Out, Skype pre-installed, and - of course, it's slimmer and lighter. But you also give up the IR port. Which, to my knowledge, no human being ever used. ;)

Either PSP is good. But the Slim is just slightly better overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
chad78 said:
The Slim is not better for emulation - per se - but it is better in general. More RAM, TV-Out, Skype pre-installed, and - of course, it's slimmer and lighter. But you also give up the IR port. Which, to my knowledge, no human being ever used. ;)
That's not totally true. Actually, you could use the IR port of a fat psp to control your picooz :p

Deed said:
chad78 said:
That's not totally true. Actually, you could use the IR port of a fat psp to control your picooz :p

But the Slim is better for some of the emulation in the SNK collections - with both Metal Slug and Arcade Classics collection, the incidence of slowdown and pauses for loading are substantially reduced when playing these UMD games on a Slim.

PSP is unreal. Perfect GBA emulation and really good N64 emulataion. Heh, I only wanted one to play the commercial games but I've spent most of my time playing Advance Wars and Super Mario 64. I hear the SNES emulation is pretty good too, great little handheld :).

Back