Best Gbc Emultor?

GPVGB and fGB32 are the best. I recommend fGB32, but it has deleted my save files once, but it has never done that again, but I still use GPVGB for games like Mario Picross (Games where your save file is very important).

GPVGB and fGB32 are the best. I recommend fGB32, but it has deleted my save files once, but it has never done that again, but I still use GPVGB for games like Mario Picross (Games where your save file is very important).

I think fGP32 and fSMS32 only delete your saves if you get the four screen bug, at least that's happened to me on fSMS32 a LOT.

In fgb32 its something to do with adding new roms that deletes your save, when you save it creates a savefile with a random name, related to a place in your list of roms, so when you add a new one the save gets lost.

I *think* I heard that on this board.

finty101 posted on Jul 7 2004 at 08:05 AM said:
In fgb32 its something to do with adding new roms that deletes your save, when you save it creates a savefile with a random name, related to a place in your list of roms, so when you add a new one the save gets lost.

I think that's right - I recall seeing the same explanation too.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is what happens with fSMS32 and very rarely with fGB32 - I get the four-screens bug, and then I can't load states anymore shortly thereafter. Then when I go to "Change" to switch to another rom or reboot the GP32, it re-scans the directory then freezes. So what it looks like is that the four-screens bug somehow deletes the directory information in memory, since it doesn't need to re-scan if I turn it off then back on.

Back