Best F1 Game ?

Slicks on C64 is the best playable F1-Racing Game on GP2X imo, however, there are of course better racing games such as Stunt Car Racer (not F1) or Powerdrift (Arcade, not F1 and not supported by MAMEGP2X).

Edit: lets look at a pic of this wonderful game:

slicks_05.gif

Saw this thread and was going to post about slicks. Was playing it yesterday. Just wish there was a game made today that was similar but with more tracks.

Maybe if there was a developer reading this who could make a top down racing game they would be interested in doing a customisable remake.

For 3d try vroom on amiga or nigel mansells on snes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried a few F1 games on my GP2X, and I find F1 Race Of Champions on the SNES to be the best for me.

Saw this thread and was going to post about slicks. Was playing it yesterday. Just wish there was a game made today that was similar but with more tracks. Maybe if there was a developer reading this who could make a top down racing game they would be interested in doing a customisable remake.

Give GeneRally a try: http://generally.rscsites.org/

I used to play that years ago. It really isn't even close to being as good as slicks. Although the track editor was a great feature.

I knew generally with the threat, thx !!

Skies what is slicks ? a game or a tire ?

GeneRally rules! I wish they'd port it to the GP2X. I gave it a go at 320x240 on my PC just for kicks and it turns out not to look so bad. In a smaller screen it would be glorious.
Note that DirectX (version 8 or newer) must be installed in order to play the game.
So, don't hope for it <_<

pole position on the atari 2600 , the thrill of over taking another f1 car is amazing . not to mention the fiji track with its brilliant graphics. :D

Vroom/F1 works brilliantly on GP2X.

I'd recommend the awesome F1 Spirit on MSX, but I have yet to try the MSX emu on GP2X.

I used to love Nigel Mansell's World Championship on SNES.

in fact F1 World Championship is Vroom but on genesis. I think F1 WC is better than Vroom !!

I think is the best F1 game for Gp2x :)

Slicks is the C64 F1 game that has the screen shot posted above (by chaos engineer). And named because at that time slick tyres were used in F1.

It is the forgotten father of micro machines!

Micro Machines was released on NES in 1991.

Slicks was released in 1992.

Back