Best F1 Game ?

honolulu

Still Fresh
Hi, for you what is the best f1 game (all emu) ?

I tested some one of them, my best is f1 world championship on genesis but ...

Slicks on C64 is the best playable F1-Racing Game on GP2X imo, however, there are of course better racing games such as Stunt Car Racer (not F1) or Powerdrift (Arcade, not F1 and not supported by MAMEGP2X).

Edit: lets look at a pic of this wonderful game:

slicks_05.gif

The GP Monaco games for the genesis/megadrive is my favourite. Virtual Racing would have been nice but I dont think we will see that playable on the gp2x. Checkred Flag for the lynx and jaguar are also nice.

Formula One Grand Prix by MicroProse on the amiga/ST of course :D
Not tried it on any emulator just yet for the GP2X. Anyone else tried it?

There's also the original Formula One 97 for the playstation that's still plays well, but is more of an arcade style.

PitStop 2 on the C64 will always be a classic & the source for the pc version can be downloaded from here!

EDIT: Actually.. Most of the older games have source code for download now (Amiga or PC), you have to pay for them though :(

hey thats the prequel to my suggestion :) didn't know its has been out for the st! gotta try it out!

Vroom, Atari ST / Amiga / PC. Excellent F1 game. Still worth a chuckle now.

stand.png

I never liked the 'F1' remakes as much, gears were too close together to feel like you were ragging a F1 car about.

Shame that the sound is a bit screwy on Outcast because that is half the experience.

Slicks on C64 is the best playable F1-Racing Game on GP2X imo, however, there are of course better racing games such as Stunt Car Racer (not F1) or Powerdrift (Arcade, not F1 and not supported by MAMEGP2X).

Yeah... Slicks!!! Awesome game. F1 from Microprose is good too, as any of the Microprose games...

BTW - I hope that someday gp2x dos emu will be optimized so we could play DeathRally (PC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Al Unser Jr.'s Turbo Racing is playable in GPFCE, if I remember correctly. It's alright and I have fond memories of it from the NES days, but racing games in general tend to age poorly.

F1GP is hugely playable on outcast, in fact it's what i spend most of my GP2x time doing these days...seriously, i can't work out why outcast doesn't get more love, it's awesome!

F1GP is hugely playable on outcast, in fact it's what i spend most of my GP2x time doing these days...seriously, i can't work out why outcast doesn't get more love, it's awesome!
Unforunatly the ST has always seemed to be over shadowed by the Amiga.. even in emulation :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Paulo Becker, I think Checred Flag came before Virtual Racing (at least if you count the console versions) but Im not sure.. One thing I am sure about is that the Jag version is not very playable on the gp2x as of now. But do try the Lynx version, it´s nice.

virtua racing work on gp2x ?

I can't use Formula One Grand Prix on the amiga emulator :(

^^ no, but you CAN play it full speed with sound on OutcaST! hey, i wonder if i could run cubase on it...now THAT would kick arse.

EDIT: actually that would be stupid - i mean where would i plug in my keyboard :)
maybe i'll stick with LSDJ on gnuboy.

Back