Benchmark results - pandora first edition 256MB vs 1GHz

foft

Certified Guru
Website
www.scrameta.net
I'm going to put some benchmark results here running at:

600MHz on old Pandora vs 1000MHz on 1GHz Pandora... i.e. 'default' speeds.

Using cpuburn I found that while my 1GHz model is unstable at 1200MHz - it appears to be stable at 1150MHz though so far

First up - lmbench...

dm5p21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also be interested in benchmarks of the two running at the same speed. Should be more or less the same, but SCIENCE!

I'd also be interested in benchmarks of the two running at the same speed. Should be more or less the same, but SCIENCE!

DM3730 Pandora should run slightly better at the same clock speed. notaz has shown this in a lot of tests already. Expect < 10% difference though. (not counting for some synthetic tests like lmbench..)

My interest is piqued.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Easier to just run some emulators that everyone wants to be tested? It's more real world.

Easier to just run some emulators that everyone wants to be tested? It's more real world.
Gets my vote, maybe run some titles that are known to struggle for P1

My choice would be for Special Criminal Investigation or Chase HQ on MAME.

This thread is for benchmarks - sorry Craig! There will be plenty of emulation threads. There are 19 more in the wild and I think most people will be posting fps stuff...

DM3730 Pandora should run slightly better at the same clock speed. notaz has shown this in a lot of tests already. Expect < 10% difference though. (not counting for some synthetic tests like lmbench..)

I'll run some at 600MHz on the new one - out of interest... Sorry, not seen Notaz's test results - do you have a link?

Ok.

Seeing Notaz's benches, it's cool to see that the raw power increase is linear.

It's really not linear, just as it isn't on the OMAP3530 Pandoras, but it still tends to be decent.

C'mon, it's a X2.

______________________________-3530--3730

clock_speed__________________600M_--1280M

PSX_Crash_Bandicoot_3_(fps)____91___184

PSX_Tekken3_(fps)_____________~42___~77

genesis_sonic1_(fps)_________~245___~520

32X_Virtua_Racing_(fps)________46___107

zip_compresion_(-9,_seconds)_28.3___12.8

bzip2_compression_(seconds)___141___71

"memspeed",_MB/s______________310___474

Back