Beginner's Guide: Coding Video For The Gp2x (win)

thx for pointing that out... i was reading off a factsheet and not reading the facts :)

mpeg 3 is mp3, and as far as i know it, it does support mp3.. ;)

Rayek posted on Dec 3 2005 at 10:13 PM said:
mpeg 3 is mp3, and as far as i know it, it does support mp3.. ;)
MPEG 3 is something to do with HDTV but it was included in MPEG 2. It isn't mp3 (mp3 is MPEG-2 layer 3).

Last edited by a moderator:
i knew that...

i guess that's why you're a guru and i'm not :)

thanks for pointing that out to me.

i converted a 2mb file and it went to 200mb

also a lot of my conversions (anything to mpeg) seems to just stop for no reason whatsoever when it gets 3/4 the way through, but to avi it works fine..

wait i mean the other way around

I should've linked this in the beginning...

http://www.doom9.net

This page has a lot of guides on how to convert files using more complex programs. I lik to this because gx transcoder, for some reason doesn't work on some users computers. I added that program because not only was it free, but it was incredibly easy to use.

others have suggested VirtualDub, but i have had the same problems you are having with that program, plus it takes a good 3 solid weeks to get acclaimated to VirtualDub.

Doom9, for their guides, use different programs and tools for converting between many different programs, but they all seem to work.

Whoever added this to the WIKI... Good effing job!

It looks so good, and you added so much that I seemed to glaze over..

Thank you!

If you remember when mpeg 2 started out that was just audio. where as mpeg3 will be HDTV or somewhere between that and DVD.

You must not confuse it with audio MP3 (which is actualy Mpeg 2 "audio" layer 3)

clarky2o2o posted on Feb 12 2006 at 05:21 PM said:
If you remember when mpeg 2 started out that was just audio. where as mpeg3 will be HDTV or somewhere between that and DVD.

You must not confuse it with audio MP3 (which is actualy Mpeg 2 "audio" layer 3)

Then what are MP2s and MP1s?

I've seen both before and made MP2s before (before I figured out how to easily make AC3s, I had to use MP2s for DVDs)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to force Auto Gordian Knot to encode a 320x240 resolution? There's occaasional text below the main area of the video I'm encoding and using the auto-size, it cuts it off. I would normally not bother, but it's another language and it's part of the show. I've searched for the answer and all I found was this thread.

Back