Before I Buy A Gp2x...

AXNJAXN

Website
axnjaxn.blogspot.com
...A few questions. I looked at the faq and, though its possible I missed some information, I'd still like to ask a few questions.

1. Is there a method for inputting text into the GP2X, e.g. word processing or notepad-type stuff?
2. Is the TV-out cable available to buy (as shown on lik-sang) or is it still in development?
3. Is the TV-out worth buying?
4. Does the joystick click like the one on the GP32? (I hated that)
5. How's the screen quality? I know the specs, but I'm looking for opinion on this one.
6. Is there a decent SNES emulator (one that runs as well as DrMD handled the Genesis on GP32)?
7. How's the battery life?
8. Does it handle eBooks well?

And finally, 9. Is it worth buying?

It's been a long time since I lurked here, so I'm hoping someone can answer at least some of these questions.

1. Woogal's Edgewrite implementation will let you do 10 WPM.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. No.
5. Apart from scanlines and interlacing (fixable with LCD Tweak) it's a very vivid and sharp screen.
6. SquidgeSNES is getting close.
7. 5 hours on good 2500mAh NiMH batteries.
8. No, unless you use the pdf or html viewer. Words are cut off at the end of lines.
9. Yes.

Thanks, that was quick!

Can't do without my ebooks, but I can try to write something for that particular problem.

I might just buy one of these.

It is worth buying, best purchase I ever made!

The e-book reader is pretty poor, it only displays .txt files. It does cut off words etc as said already, but this is easily sorted by applying a word wrap - I use the cream/vim package, which does it in seconds :)

Back