Beat2x

Use google and ask it for Stepmania.

Then go to your local arcade-accessories store and hook yourself up with dance mat.

THEN you'll experience the real fun ^_^

It is true that this game is wonderful
It was that game that decided me on getting a GP2X
then, after a while (and after copleting every packs I found) I decided to give Stepmania a try
then I bought a plastic dance mat
and now Im the proud owner of a metal TX6000 dance mat
Just great

see you :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Beat2x support DWI and SM files natively now, or do they still have to be run through a converter?
no you have already to use an converter just wait to an futur update ^^
That's what I've been doing. Once that happens, it will definitely become my most played game on the GP2X!

MAX 300 and PSMO in my pocket, omg...
Oh, and by "doing" I meant that I was waiting.

Nonsense, if you play DDR on Playstation with a controller (not dance mat) then it lets you use DPAD and buttons... Also you press both the DPAD and the buttons with on thumb each (stick and button in the case of GP2X) that's the same number of legs... so hardly cheating.
It's much more fun and true to the intention of the game to play on a dance mat or arcade machine though. It's a shame Beat2X still hasn't figured out it's button pressing issues for dance mats ^_^

Then you are waaaay too self conscious... imagine carrying a solid plastic dance mat from town, 10 minutes walk home ;)
As soon as I live somewhere I can use a mat at home again, without annoying the neighbours. I'm getting a metal one.

I considered getting one, but would be a bit embarrassing to carry to my room @ uni halls..haha.

There's a level I can't beat in the Urban pack - I don't remember the name, it's the one after the ska song. I know it as the theme tune to Full Metal Alchemist. Have tried literally hundreds of times and have ended up with nothing but sore thumbs. I get stuck in a loop - if I miss a beat at the start of a section of quick incoming beats, I miss EVERY one of them. This might be a case of me sucking but I'm pretty sure it's something to do with how it's programmed - I've tested by spamming a direction during a section with loads of it, and sure enough it doesn't seem to register any hits. Gutted. It hurts bad on that one song, becuase it has lots of fast sections which just screw me over if I'm off on just a single beat.

..or maybe I just REALLY suck.

I considered getting one, but would be a bit embarrassing to carry to my room @ uni halls..haha.

There's a level I can't beat in the Urban pack - I don't remember the name, it's the one after the ska song. I know it as the theme tune to Full Metal Alchemist. Have tried literally hundreds of times and have ended up with nothing but sore thumbs. I get stuck in a loop - if I miss a beat at the start of a section of quick incoming beats, I miss EVERY one of them. This might be a case of me sucking but I'm pretty sure it's something to do with how it's programmed - I've tested by spamming a direction during a section with loads of it, and sure enough it doesn't seem to register any hits. Gutted. It hurts bad on that one song, becuase it has lots of fast sections which just screw me over if I'm off on just a single beat.

..or maybe I just REALLY suck.

I can't beat the last song on urban pack either :( , some of it seems to feesl a 16th note off though. . .

It's just so damn frustrating! Ahhh. Didn't help that for a long time I would get random lag on beat2x that would leave the music and beats about 2 seconds out of synch..luckily a firmware upgrade fixed it :D

Back