Bcn Party'101 And Handheld Party

AOJ

Still Fresh
November 4-5-6th, Barcelona (Spain) will be holding the bcnparty'101 (www.bcnparty.org)

This year there is an special event for handheld videoconsoles, like GP32, GP2X, Cybiko, PSP, GBA or Nintendo DS. There will be 3 compos with prizes: Game creation, programming an application, and making a demo (demoscene).

As coorganizer of the handheld event, I invite you to come here to take part of the party, and stay 3 days surrounded by creativity.

Registrations now open.

You can take a look to compo rules at event's webpage, in Compos -> bcn handheld party section.

Programming workshops and many other activities will be done!

Good luck to everyone, and please, don't hesitate to come to Spain :)

PD: Sorry maybe it's in wrong section. Developers' Corner better?
PD2: Sorry again for my low-level english :(

rlyeh posted on Oct 5 2005 at 03:12 AM said:
I'll be there btw.
Hope to bring some gp2x hw+sw :)
can you let us know what you have planned for the gp2x? any clues??

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn posted on Oct 5 2005 at 03:10 AM said:
Your English is a lot better than many other people's. ;)

So do you have to submit your program IN Barcelona to take part in the compo, then?

Many thanks! :D

I copypaste one of the general compo rules:

"You must be present at BCNParty’101. Else we will admit other works from non-presents at party, but without prize option."

So, you can win a compo if you are not present (sending your submission via email), but you won't have a prize. At least you'll win a lot of reputation over coding scene ;)

rlyeh said:
I'll be there btw.
Hope to bring some gp2x hw+sw :)

I have seen you are in the registration list, way cool! :D I hope to meet you and give some 8===D

Has Melkhior (gp32Spain) talked to you about something? If not, expect an email soon.

Dmouse, I hope to see new GP32 software ;)

It's a pitty I can't be there. I am currently working on my 1st GP32 demo and I was happy to read the news. I am wondering if I could send my contribution remotely (as I see in the website, no.) or at least have another person submit it, who will be at the partyplace and bring his own GP32 for the purpose..

Optimus posted on Oct 8 2005 at 10:48 PM said:
It's a pitty I can't be there. I am currently working on my 1st GP32 demo and I was happy to read the news. I am wondering if I could send my contribution remotely (as I see in the website, no.) or at least have another person submit it, who will be at the partyplace and bring his own GP32 for the purpose..

Hi, sorry for the late reply :S

You can send your contributions by email, or having another person at the party as your representative.

If you are not at the party you won't have prize, because all contest prizes are paid with money gained from people paying their entrance to the party. So it's not fair to win money if you did not contribute paying the entrance. I suppose you'll understand it ;). If someone is your representative (pays entrance), you can submit your demo and he will present it for you. If no representative and you're not in partyplace, you can win the contest ... but without prize. Reputation points!

Take a look at www.bcnparty.org -> compos -> Bcn handheld party , for more and updated information :)

>you'll understand it ;). If someone is your representative (pays entrance), you >can submit your demo and he will present it for you. If no representative and >you're not in partyplace, you can win the contest ... but without prize. Reputation >points!

Thanks. That's fine for me :)

Though, I have to tell someone to bring his own handheld with my entry at the party (I am wondering, how do you show output from handhelds through the projector to the big screen btw?) and I am not sure if I can get in contact with one soon..

Optimus

p.s. Also, I guess I won't catch up with the deadline. 2 weeks and I still didn't managed to finish that 3d engine I was planning ;/ My plans were to finish this demo in the late November. Perhaps nextime? Or I could release a smaller demo this time. I'll think and see..

Back