BB Code source view

Neelix

Insecticidal Maniac
I understand that we need to wait for the upcoming version update but I wanted to put this request on the record.

Please enable the BB Code source view to the message editor when possible.

Yes, I second this! The html view is not so useable.

Well, if I do that, pressing the EDIT button will always show HTML which you need to clean yourself...
I'll re-enable BBCode, but I've not yet found a way to fix the EDIT mode.

I hope that the edit mode is fixable. I find some adjustments work better by manipulating the BBCode directly (Quote manipulation especially is much easier this way, as is pasting formatted text into a code field (which tends to lose spaces otherwise))  For others I find it easier to use the formatting buttons at the top, so I tend to switch between editing modes as needed.  (Though it would probably help if formatting buttons worked in the BBcode view and just added the relevant code, then I wouldn't need to switch modes so much)

-Neelix

EDIT:  GAH!!!  now I can't enter new lines at all,  they just get lost when I save the message.  I have to add HTML paragraph markers manually to start a new paragraph :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, in worst case we have to wait until 4.1 which should only be a few weeks away.

I hope that the edit mode is fixable. I find some adjustments work better by manipulating the BBCode directly (Quote manipulation especially is much easier this way, as is pasting formatted text into a code field (which tends to lose spaces otherwise))  For others I find it easier to use the formatting buttons at the top, so I tend to switch between editing modes as needed. 
I used to do it like that as well.  Last time I tried that after the update it trashed my formatting.

I am trying again with this post to test it.

edit: yep, trashed it again (and the hardware keyboard on my smartphone doesnt have these guys >...I cant even add >them

Sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't?
Hasn't worked for me yet since he added it after the update.  Maybe I just don't need to switch between them.

Edit: no clue what is going on now, as the above two sentences were on 2 lines.

Okay, I had to remove the bbcode plugin again, as it didn't work with the single-line breaks.

The forum is about 80% less usable for me without the BBCODE mode.

Please turn it on if possible, even if it doesn't work perfectly.

Yupp, this editor is a nightmare, it's more closed than Windows. XD

Who made this mess and for what purpose? I see absolute no advantages compared to plain simple BB code editors, this one here is slow, has bugs, no preview and the quoting system is horrible. I suspect the inventor of this thing is an sadist.

Well ED already stated a his desire to move from IP board to something else in the near future, so just hang tight.

Back