Editor "Source" mode

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
The old board had a source mode for editing (the little switch icon), where you could edit all the BBCode in a nice clean manner. Can we get something like that back? because this editor makes any form of actual editing horrible.

I often cut up quotes so I can reply to bits, and at the minute I just seem to be fighting the editor

Not easily; this editor uses HTML not BBCode in the backend, and it can't let you edit that because you'd be able to insert all sorts of nasty code to take over people's machines and the likes.  There is no BBCode version of the posts any more, so that can't be shown.

Our main hope at the moment is that the editor in the next version of the boards (due next month some time, IIRC) will be less laggy, and specifically less fiddly when it comes to managing quotes.  At present it's not really worth complaining about the editor - if it's still an annoyance after the upgrade, make your issues known then.

Actually you can directly edit the HTML source (e.g. by using the debug features present in most recent browsers). Insertion of nasty things cannot be prevented on the client side and is still easily possible (unless server side input validation has been implemented in the meantime;which AFAIK hasn't happened, but I didn't try it).

Just deactivating JS for adding iframes is enough :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually you can directly edit the HTML source (e.g. by using the debug features present in most recent browsers). Insertion of nasty things cannot be prevented on the client side and is still easily possible (unless server side input validation has been implemented in the meantime;which AFAIK hasn't happened, but I didn't try it).

Tried that on v4.1 on the Invision Boards: Didn't work, so at least it's fixed there.

Maybe we can just write in BBcode, and let our imagination do the rest !!  :D

hey... wait... it worked ?! o_O

oh... it disappear if edited...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back