Battery Voltage

borgqueenx said:
mali said:
An external battery back has nothing todo with with the voltage of Pandora's internal battery. I've put a quote of MWeston stating the voltage range the USB port accepts for charging in the dev team updates thread a 3/4 year or so ago. Dunno if Chip added it though.
if the external battery pack is 18.000mah on 5 volt, then doesnt that mean it can give my pandora about 20.000mah or a little bit more? Since the pandora is(standard lithium) 3,7 volt? (again, not sure what volts the pandora has, heard a couple things here)
That's not how amps work. All the information is in this thread. I'm going to go cry now :(

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
if the external battery pack is 18.000mah on 5 volt, then doesnt that mean it can give my pandora about 20.000mah or a little bit more? Since the pandora is(standard lithium) 3,7 volt? (again, not sure what volts the pandora has, heard a couple things here)
Just search for the quote I mentioned and educate yourself in the basics ;)

The voltage of the battery is 3,2V-4,2V, with an average of 3,7V, depending how charged they are, and where you put the cut-off-voltages(I believe you can set those yourself).

But that doesn't matter at all, because those battery-packs just charge your device through its normal charging means.
A 18000mAh@5V-charger should be enough to charge your 4000mAh-pandora-battery 6 times, not counting losses, or has as much energy as a 24000mAh-battery at 3,7V.

The Pandora can be charged through USB, which is 5V, and through its normal charging-connector, which should also be 5V.

Btw, I saw thisa solar charger with built-in 2000mAh-battery at the BCC last week, for ~€40,-. Should also be useful...

Laurencevde said:
The voltage of the battery is 3,2V-4,2V, with an average of 3,7V, depending how charged they are, and where you put the cut-off-voltages(I believe you can set those yourself).

But that doesn't matter at all, because those battery-packs just charge your device through its normal charging means.
A 18000mAh@5V-charger should be enough to charge your 4000mAh-pandora-battery 6 times, not counting losses, or has as much energy as a 24000mAh-battery at 3,7V.

The Pandora can be charged through USB, which is 5V, and through its normal charging-connector, which should also be 5V.

Btw, I saw thisa solar charger with built-in 2000mAh-battery at the BCC last week, for ~€40,-. Should also be useful...
thanks! thats what i wanted to know. How to deal with mAh, volt, WH and ampere or something is really making my brain explode.
Its good to know that a battery of 5 volts can charge my pandora more then if i had a battery of 3,7volt.

btw: you are a dutchman? :D

Back