Battery Question

Ravnos

Asleep in Samsara
Website
Visit site
Ok, so none of the local shops seem to have NiMH batteries more powerful than 2300mAh. This sucks because it means I'll have to mail order for the good ones. So, while perusing the Tiger Direct Canadian site, I found these:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...p?EdpNo=1168672

At first glance, it seems like a good deal, but then I found these:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...720594&CatId=39

They're 2900mAh, which is even better, but they're Lithium batteries. I also found these:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...205790&CatId=39

3135mAh?! I've got a bit of a boner now. But they're Titanium based. So I'm looking at all of these, and I have several questions. They are:

Will these batteries be more suited to the GP2X than the NiMH rechargeables suggested thus far? And if so:

How many times can they be recharged? (I ask this assuming someone here has some familiarity with them.)

Can they be recharged in regular NiMH chargers?

Thanks. :)

The Energizer 2500mAh are what I'm using, they're quite nice, last a long time, and in a 4 pack you have two you can use while the others are charging :)

Those Lithium and Titaniums don't look like they're rechargables, they're likely one shot batteries, and I'd stay away from them.

Shit, thanks, I didn't notice that the first time I looked at them. Saw them on the same page as the NiMH rechargeables and jumped to the conclusion that they were. My bad.

This thread can be closed now.

I picked up a Rayovac IC3 charger and IC3 AA NiMH batteries. They're only 2000 mAh but it only takes 15 minutes to charge the batteries. I haven't received my gp2x yet, so I don't know long they can power the gp2x on a full charge.

anybody have any experience with IC3 batteries and the gp2x ?

I picked up a Rayovac IC3 charger and IC3 AA NiMH batteries. They're only 2000 mAh but it only takes 15 minutes to charge the batteries. I haven't received my gp2x yet, so I don't know long they can power the gp2x on a full charge.

anybody have any experience with IC3 batteries and the gp2x ?
I have some RadioShack IC-3 2000mAh batteries and their charger. The batteries are fine, last over 2 hours, and really do charge in 15 minutes. However, the charger is a complete rip-off: it takes more than 12 hours to charge non-IC-3 batteries. I suggest you get the Energizer 15-minute charger and some of their batteries (or Ansmann), as it charges all batteries in around 15 minutes instead of just special ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, crazy amount of Canadians sprouting up here lately ;)

Not sure what's the best deal for rechargeable batteries yet as I spent all my money on my GP2X (which I received today :D :D), christmas presents and other stuff but I've never had any problems with TigerDirect but if you want to skip shipping, dealing with coupons and the wait I'd suggest just checking out your local WalMart or some place like that.

Back