Battery Lite Still Lit After Firmware 1.0.1

gremrod

Still Fresh
Has anyone had the problem of the battery light staying lit even after the 1.0.1 firmware update being applied?

Well. I checked my version on the GP settings info. Firmware says 1.0.1

The weird thing is I never saw the firmware upgrade screen. But It did upgrade and the .img files were no longer on my SD card after the I booted to the main screen.

gremrod posted on Dec 8 2005 at 11:26 PM said:
Well. I checked my version on the GP settings info. Firmware says 1.0.1

The weird thing is I never saw the firmware upgrade screen. But It did upgrade and the .img files were no longer on my SD card after the I booted to the main screen.

Hey man the lil patch you did 'after' the firmware upgrade changes the info in the info screen. regardless of weather or not the firmware actually upgraded.

if no update screen pops up when you power on .. and your battery light is still on, you did NOT upgrade. ... try again and again and again ... arg

rob

Last edited by a moderator:
You have the v1.0.1 Utility patch installed (mplayer update and stuff), but not the actual kernel. Format to FAT32 if you haven't already and try again; if that doesn't work, your card may not be supported.

So even if the .img files for the kernal and boot are not on my SD card have I place them with the rest of the firmware upgrade files but after It boots all the way to the main screen the .img files are no longer there.

Ok guys I will give it a try until i see that bat. lite turned off. Thanks!

Ok everyone here is what I had to do to get my firmware upgraded on my Gp2x.

I was using my 1gb integral SD card and I could not get the firmware to flash to the unit.

SO I switched to my 256mb San Disk card and BAM it worked! I saw the upgrading firmware screen and now have the 1.0.1 firmware on my unit.

Thanks guys!

gremrod posted on Dec 9 2005 at 04:07 PM said:
So even if the .img files for the kernal and boot are not on my SD card have I place them with the rest of the firmware upgrade files but after It boots all the way to the main screen the .img files are no longer there.

Ok guys I will give it a try until i see that bat. lite turned off. Thanks!

Hi.
I have had same problem. I copy .img file to my SD card and boot with it.
After boot, .img file was disappeared but firmware was same.
So I formatted SD card with FAT32 using SD card reade. And copy some video files & .img file. after that i have successed firmware upgrade.

How about format SD card and copy .img file with other files?
(If it it not work, try several times... it may work.......)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back