Battery Led Problem

smx

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi!

I think the battery LED in my GP2X is damaged (I have never see the light on)...
(The GP2X is new, used for 2 day.)

Where I can download a test program for the battery led?

(sorry for my english)

As far as I know the battery LEDs are pretty unlikely to work - and even if it does work, the LED might not be close enough to the front of the unit for you to see it....

Damn, I have compiled the source for changing the battery led (gpio) and the backlight...

backlight ok, but the battery led... nothing!

I am lucky :ph34r:

Gruntfuggly posted on Sep 6 2006 at 08:24 AM said:
and even if it does work, the LED might not be close enough to the front of the unit for you to see it....
My battery LED is fine, but my power LED (the green one) is so dim I can barely see it unless the place I'm in is really really dark. Do you think this 'being not close to the front of the unit' thing could be the cause of my problem? How hard is it to fix this (as in, no soldering skills required?)?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quite easy - at least on my unit, the LEDs are on quite long legs, so you open the unit up and bend them a bit so they are closer to the 'window'...

My battery LED works great. The only problem that I have is that most of the time I am so engrossed in the game that I am playing that I never noticed it until it is too late. There are those rare moments that I do see it. I then play until the batteries die. :rolleyes:

MK2 GP2xes don't have a clear "window" for the LEDs, in fact, it is a bit matt (that the right word in english? Hmm)... Makes it a bit hard to see and notice sometimes. Besides, the LED light usually isn't of much use since it ALWAYS goes on waaay too late, at least for me.. :p

Just wanted to add that with some new and cheap batteries (like my 2600s) the voltage drops way too fast. So the 2x goes from all ok to off leaving no time for any warning. Now that I have charged and discharded them a couple of times, i sometimes see the battery led.

Back